What would be your ideal trip or adventure!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
That's a damn fine idea there Jon! :You_Rock_

Better still how about you me and our families head off to Canada as the advance party for the BCUK commune.

I'm sure between the lot of us we could probably survive nicely! :D

Pib

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
That's a damn fine idea there Jon! :You_Rock_

Better still how about you me and our families head off to Canada as the advance party for the BCUK commune.

I'm sure between the lot of us we could probably survive nicely! :D

Pib

Y'ok Pib....You go get the tickets and I will meet you at the airport.....

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
My ideal adventure would be to hike the appalachian trail. Ah, someday......
I'd also like to visit Scotland someday as well. Always wanted to see it. Nothing in particular there, some of the lochs, some castles, more than a few pubs, whatever. Will befriend someone who lives there, to employ as a tour guide, before I head over, I think :)

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I'd like to sea kayak around the coast of britain all the way round. I've only a little experience of kayaking so at the moment it would be way out of my league of experience. I'd like to pull in on remote beaches for the night and set up my camp, get the fire going do some fishing and cook them over my fire and watch the sunset with a dram of rum. One day maybe I'll get round to going on a course, and do a couple of one night easy trips to gain experience and work my way up to it.............(day dreams with chin on hands) :rolleyes:

I'm planning to do rather a lot of camping next year (and I mean a lot) which I won't go into now but a plan has been formulating in my mind for several weeks now. I'll mention it nearer the time (february 2008) as I need to save some money and don't know what events may come along in the mean time. :umbrella:

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
My ideal adventure would be to spend a few weeks in the big brother house.... Nooooo!!! Unless it was as a spy deliberately put there to f**k with people's heads. They'd have to let me take my chainsaw in though.
With the money I'd earn, I'd take off to Canada for some much needed post BB therapy.

Eric

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
My Dream Plan is to walk from Mexico to Canada (to meet up with the rest of BCUK it seems :) ) following the Pacific Crest Trail, 2600 miles and about 6 months walking.

"Just nipping out for a paper, honest..." :D

Stu

amott69

Forager
Nov 14, 2005
Kidlington, Oxfordshire
I'd like to walk the mountains around sweden for a few weeks tracking bears and lynx.Maybe with abit of fishing and canoeing thrown in for good measure or just stay for as long as i could just bushing it up living the life.Maybe next year!
This year I'm going to just settle for a week fishing my way down the thames in my canoe

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'd seriously like to do Australia - for about a year. My wife and I have always maintained (for at least a dozen years or so) that if we come into lots of money, like winning the lottery or whatever, we'd bank the money and do off to Oz. Once there, rent a half decent 4WD RV and dissapear into the bush. During the year traveling and discovering stuff, we'd be able to plan what to do with the fortune without squandering it. I'd also like to do an extended trip to Poland. Two reasons, first to study their traditional craft skills, and second to oggle the women. I've never seen an ugly polish girl. Even the plain ones are pretty. Maybe I had too much to drink :eek:

Eric

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Put me down for Canada too :D

I'd like to give the West Coast Trail a go. They suffered a lot of damage early this year from some very heavy storms but it they're patching things up.

Next year hopefully for me.

The Willmore Wilderness looks goot too. It's north of Banff and Jasper.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
We are hoping that my wife will qualify as a Midwife in a couple of years. She'll have to work off her bursary and then we are packing our bags for good. Well that's the plan!:rolleyes:

The three main places are on the map at the mo Australia, New Zealand and Canada. New Zealand was my personal favorite, but Canada keeps muscling in!:slap:

Emma is kind of more into New Zealand as she likes their Midwifery style and as she will be our green card it's only fair that she the pick of the bunch!

Anyway that will be our big, big adventure! I'd like to do the Yukon in Canada though and link up with Dorian Amos and have a wee natter!

Pib

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
My ideal trip is hardly ambitious, but then again neither am I! In 1997 I did a backpackers tour around the Scottish Highlands, and repeated it in 2001 - and that was the last true holiday I had. So I've decided to go back. This September I'm off on a 9-day adventure, taking in Skye, the outer Hebrides and Orkney (and lots of bits in between). I only decided to take a holiday yeasterday, I found the tour at lunchtime, and I'd booked it before leaving work that afternoon! If anyone who wants to see, this is the tour: http://www.wild-in-scotland.com/9disland.php (I have no connection with the company, except having gone with them before in 2001 and having a great time). All I've gotta do now is get up there, and find somewhere to kip for a couple of nights either side of the tour!

I'm getting excited already!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I havent been away in years either Womble

But that tour of scotland sounds overtly ambitious, -you will spend most of your time travelling

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE