what leather craft book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Hi

:theyareon I am looking at having a go making a sheath or leather pouch, and would like to know if they is a book or website that show how to make these or any other leather items that are used in bushcraft? :theyareon

Exbomz

Oct 19, 2004
East Sussex
It's a great tutorial. I can also recommend The Leatherworking Handbook (Paperback) by Valerie Michael (Author) ISBN-10: 0304345113 as a good intro to leatherwork. It has some interesting 'projects' which are may be of use too - possibles bags etc.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
lastscanud7.jpg

Hello,
Try and find this book.
It covers a lot of step by step pic and it will help you on your way.
cheers topknot.

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
I've got Al stohlman's book as well - it's very good! He's done a few books, the hand stitching leather one is pretty good as well, although there's quite a bit of overlap.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
Ive had the 3 volumes and the hand stitching one for many years. I used the pattern in the back of hand stitching book to make the stitching pony to make life easy. I find that the books come in useful for making things in other material.
Iam going to make one of the forest river packs ,leather and canvas using some of the techniques in these books. cheers topknot.

leon-1

I don't have any books, but have recieved advice from friends on top of self teaching. Have a search on here and BB. Ask advice of saddlers (if you have one near you), they can show you a lot more (especially when it comes to technique), than most any book.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
lastscan2kt9.jpg

hi , sorry about the pic. This is my sun glasses case i made it from veg tanned leather,it is hand carved , hand stamped leather lined and two rows of hand stitching . Iam selftaught but book do help because you can go back to them.

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
topknot said:
lastscanud7.jpg

Hello,
Try and find this book.
It covers a lot of step by step pic and it will help you on your way.
cheers topknot.

if anyone is interested in this book, i found several site selling the new book for about £10 on e-bay in the USA, & p&p to england for around £4.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE