What is your favourite bird?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Mine is the bird of many names, the Whiskey Jack, aka the Gray Jay, Canada Jay, and camp robber, to name a few.
I simply never tire of these fellows, even though they sometimes try to eat me:)
IMG_3183_zps0f784ff2.jpg

I need a longer arm, as there are three more flying nearby, waiting their turn:rolleyes:

IMG_3255_zpsac9ec618.jpg

So, what's your favourite?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Don't think I have a favourite, but I do like the robins :) and we have woodpeckers that visit the garden too. The long tailed tits are fun to watch, and the gleds are just awe inspiring as they slide through the air (makes me wish I could fly :) ) The little wrens are another favourite, as are the squabbling sparrows that seem to thrive in the hedges.

I thought your little birds were starlings of some kind at first. Cool photos to get :D

cheers,
Toddy

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
me i like the humming bird, to me it's a sweet little bird...lately i've gotten very close to them and enjoy watching them get nector and hover...vince g. 11B INF...

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Has to be the Goldcrest for me - our tiniest native and not at all bothered about being observed.................If you can find them! I know two places where I can sit and have a brew and they're not in the least bit put out by me or the dog, they just get on with what they're about and with each other..........................atb mac

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
As I've been lucky enough over the years to keep close company with a few my favourite is the Jackdaw.

Sent via Tapatalk V2.0.3

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Love Ospreys (My Avatar after all) and love to watch them, though these days more taken with what "twitchers" dismissively call LBJ's/SBJ's (little brown jobs) like sparrows. Do like wrens (was watching one at wooplaw this weekend) and goldcrests, as the others have said they've no fear and just get on with it. There's a semi tame sparrow with a white wing bar who lives under my eves who is so busy, love watching her.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Probably the Eagle Owl (Bubo bubo). Stunning creature.

Closely followed by the Kingfisher. Used to see them flying along the brook all the time in my youth.
...Or maybe the Robin.

Its hard to say to be honest as there is so many charming birds. :)

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
I guess I opened myself up to these responses, didn't I?:p
Cant beat a roast goose.

Cute, funny, intelligent, knows how to cook.
Sorry, someone had to!
But, I agree to both!:)

Wood pigeons. Very good eating!
Never tried them.:rolleyes:

Kaley Cuoco - profuse apologies.

Juliette Lewis.............

And to you three: at least you have good taste;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE