What have you learned recently?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Your never too old to cry. Baby Isabelle born 23.45 October 3rd. Mum and baby safe after some complications.

ruhybu4a.jpg

Posted by a really chuffed Grandad.

Sent via Tapatalk V2.0.3

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Your never too old to cry. Baby Isabelle born 23.45 October 3rd. Mum and baby safe after some complications.

ruhybu4a.jpg

Posted by a really chuffed Grandad.

Sent via Tapatalk V2.0.3

Wonderful stuff :) Its like having another child of your own but with a better returns policy :)

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
That I am a clumsy twit...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Depressingly it was using the same axe and on the same hand as a similar cut two years ago... Even had the same number of stitches.
Andy

Last edited:

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Learned how to skin a moose the other day with a group of kind Norwegian hunters was great fun. Now learning to tan the hides so I can make some nice leather goods

I bet that was quite an experience; they are a bit big them mooses I hear.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I learned that you can use Cyalumes chemlights to for fire starting the liquid does burn The bloke used cotton wool with it on and also sprinkled it glowingly around the fireplace
.Probably an emergency measure rather than a preferred method lol

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I learned how big a cord of wood is.

128 cubic feet in case you also didn't know. It seems to be a standard size of 4' x 4' x 8'.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep - just shy of 4 cubic metres. It looks a lot, but it isn't when you heat and cook with wood all the time - you can think of a cord as one cubic foot of wood a day from October to March

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
Today I learned that one hazel stand I have my eye on (a couple or three good knob sticks coming on nicely in there) has an other interested party, visiting. Found some recent off cuts all sawn neatly :naughty: I wonder who it is?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE