What have you done since the server has been down

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Made: a journal cover in leather; some more leather stamps; some stuffsacks and a rucksack cover.

Learned how to fuse old carrier bags into a strong, sewable material.

Oh... and went to work.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Ahh the language barrier strikes again. I'm imagining three tiny skins stretched out on three tiny frames and then I realise that you mean moose and not moose.

Well, I hate to admit it, but you know the old saying; on the Internet no one can tell if you are a Borrower. I guess I've been found out after all.

Once there is another half cm snow on the ground I'll harness my trusty team of lemmings in front of my sled and head out for the great white wilderness, covering many hundreds of meters each day.

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
Once there is another half cm snow on the ground I'll harness my trusty team of lemmings in front of my sled and head out for the great white wilderness, covering many hundreds of meters each day.

:lmao: In which case there's a rather mighty puddle forming outside - a couple of leaves and a lolly stick paddle and away we go...

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Been ill (probably cause the servers were down, kinda man-flu like), bought a Response Pak, and worked a lot (four flights just this week :eek:), and read up on digital SLRs...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Spent time on some other bushcraft forums. watched some programmes that I'd recorded and walked the dog.

Oh.... and paid the little wifey a bit more attention :rolleyes:

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
I think I'll braintan the calves and make rawhide thongs from the cow. No use to keep the fur...

Agreed on the fur, just curious.

Consider bark tanning the cow hide -- I'm preparing a tutorial on bark tanning that I'm going to put on the site in the next week or so.

Moose leather is great and bark tanned moose is about the best moccasin and shoe material in the world. (Actually, brain tanned with an oiled sole is pretty great moccasin material too.)

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
You never know you'll miss it till it's gone!! Welcome back and and all:) managed to do some carving, got in all the logs for winter and clear out the stream in the garden. Now I'm knackered but I can sit here without feeling guilty:eek:

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Actually got my Uni forms all sorted and off, just waiting for offers now....fingers crossed! Still don't know how I'm going to study for the exams now this is back up!!!

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Upsetting one or two people with my honesty of thought c/o BBC 2's Autumn Watch "Red Squirrel" blog and in particular why I cannot help but go hunting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/autumnwatch/2009/11/the_red_squirrel_debate_have_y.html

Sadly what looked set to become a hot Autumn Watch topic has now receded to the margins of the programme and all most certainly because of the very passions generated by the subject. Or did I overlook a reference to such in the last programme??

Cheers!

re-set up my workshop and bought a fret saw from axminster. had a go at making a laminated wood knife sheath/box (need to do it again with better glue:() and making bits for my mums craft fair coming up on sunday. made a new hut for my buff orpingtons and golden bramahs and moved my 2 turkeys to a new house. cut lots of fire wood and fitted a wood stove in my porta cabin.

I was sooo board:eek::rolleyes:

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Rocking back and forth in the foetal position on the rug screaming for more Haribo.

Well I had to stick Haribo into Google which via Wikpedia gave :-
Today, Haribo is the biggest manufacturer of gummy and jelly sweets in the world, with its products mainly consisting of Gummi Bears
So OK are they addictive or just full of food colourings ?? Or am I missing the point :confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE