what do you carry??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

whitey3192

Forager
Oct 23, 2010
North yorkshire
im just wondering what size of backpack/burgen everyone takes out with them, (i.e. in ltrs)

post picks too and let us know what you carry!

i normally take a 35ltr pack for day trips and a 60 for over nighters and i carry

over night

sleeping system - bag and bivvy
tarp + bungees
spare trousers and top
warm kit - norwiegen - softie jacket
spare socks
spare hat
wet proof top and trousers
hat and gloves
first aid kit & houswife
wash kit
map + compass
knifes (pocket and hunting)
rations
spare rations
emergency rations
mess tins and gas cooker. + spare gas
5 meter paracord
5ltrs water
emergency bag

binoculars
camera

for a day trip i carry everything but the sleeping system, however i still take a 2 season bag which compacts very snall just incase
and not so many rations.

what do you take guys??...................

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
what sleep system do you use mate, i f i put my sleep system, ie, the gi sleep system in a 35ltr backpack, there would not be room for any thing else, lol, thats why i take my 120ltr burgen on a couple of nights out in the woods, but the system is worth the weight and the size, i'm never ever cold. or wet for that matter,for a day hike, i take a 45ltr i think it is, but never take a sleeping bag on day hikes, maybe i should buy a small one just in case.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
This question seems to be asked over, and over, and over, and over and over again. Have a look with the search function and should find tons of answers to this question.

whitey3192

Forager
Oct 23, 2010
North yorkshire
what sleep system do you use mate, i f i put my sleep system, ie, the gi sleep system in a 35ltr backpack, there would not be room for any thing else, lol, thats why i take my 120ltr burgen on a couple of nights out in the woods, but the system is worth the weight and the size, i'm never ever cold. or wet for that matter,for a day hike, i take a 45ltr i think it is, but never take a sleeping bag on day hikes, maybe i should buy a small one just in case.

i use a dutch patrol sack mate, it has removable side pouches (like the ones on the plce bergan)
with the pouches on its about 50 litres and about 35 without (this is what i recon i may be wrong)
the sleep system i use at the moment is gore-tex bivvy and a gelert lite 800 bag.
the 2 season bag i use is an army issue jungle bag in a small size canoe bag

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE