What did you do this morning?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AlbeoLupus

Forager
We went for a walk in the Forest of Dean, to just get away from it all. We got back to the car and had a visitor, see below

robin.jpg

Andy :cool:

outdoorcode

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2005
Halton West Uk
www.outdoorcode.co.uk
A carving Jack Wayland?, very nice.
I got up at 6, got the stove going and made a brew then let out my 5 dogs, 2 farm dogs and fed 6 horses and have now just returned from a good walk with dogs... just considerig having a snooze now :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
AlbeoLupus said:
Now I know it a folder but what are all the weird blades for?

Andy :cool:

It's for carving so the blades are for the different cuts and for scooping. Do a search on the forum for carvin jack, I know that Hoodoo's put up a bit on them.

This morning was kids stockings and then the family came over at 7 so we had 14 kids, parents and grandparents, the logs burning in the wood stove...Quite lovely really, although a bit noisy :D

Then off to church for some carols, then back for dinner (23 people), a quick nap and then carol singing at the local old peoples home.

Quite a busy day really but a satisfying one. :D

I hope it's been a great day for the rest of you. :You_Rock_

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Busy, busy...family, food, pressies, fog :eek:
Spent an hour clearing up in the garden though :) Crisp, frosty and beautifully cold.
Dozens of birds; I have a pair of robins that insist on accompanying me everywhere I go in the garden, three backies, two thrushes, and a flock of blue, great, coal, & willow tits. There's a family of seven long tailed tits, chaffinches, an occasional bullfinch and lots of sparrows. A couple of wrens flittering through the beech hedge and the ivy, and siskins on the fatballs. A little male reed bunting and two females up from the burn today too.
It's an interesting way to spend a little time near to the kitchen while food's cooking in the oven.
G. & J. went for a walk down the castle policies and along the Clyde; cold and foggy but lovely too.

My brother phoned, one of the friends we grew up with died this morning. My young sons called him Uncle, he flew kites with them, carried them on his shoulders, built them snowmen and castles. Scott was only 39, and he died of a heart attack. I was thinking of him as I worked in the garden, he used to find such calm in his. He liked to wander round mine pointing out how things grew better if.....different soil/companions/situations.....I'm so tired of grieving, this year. He's the third friend under 40 to die this way in the last two months...... and it's Christmas :(

I'm going to go for a walk with Graham_S in a couple of days, wander around Brownlee woods, try out my new kettle, just enjoy the calm and the company, maybe do some scrub clearing.
Roll on Hogmanay.

Cheers,
Toddy

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Finished my Christmas Wreath, and cooked christmas lunch. Been a bit more ambitious this year - goose with a prune and apple stuffing, carrots vichy, honey roasted parsnips, roasties, giblet gravy, yorkshire puds and of course sprouts. Luckily it all turned out well.

Happy christmas all. Hope you had good christmas days.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Toddy said:
I'm so tired of grieving, this year. He's the third friend under 40 to die this way in the last two months...... and it's Christmas :(

I'm going to go for a walk with Graham_S in a couple of days, wander around Brownlee woods, try out my new kettle, just enjoy the calm and the company, maybe do some scrub clearing.
Roll on Hogmanay.

Cheers,
Toddy

Death is just another journey we must all take. Some of us get an early start and some of us will be late but we all set out in the end.

The most important thing to remember is not that they have gone but that they were here and what that brought to your lives.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you for the kind thoughts, people, much appreciated. :You_Rock_
I went to sit with Scott's mum & his sister for a little while this morning; sore, sore, sore :sigh: His son is only 11. The funeral can't go ahead until there's been a post mortem and the report has been cleared with the Procurator Fiscal. Looks like it'll be after Hogmanay before things are settled. Scottish funeral are usually done in three days, this extra time seems such an added cruelty.

Today *was* better though, busy with family and friends. Got a new compass....Yesss! :D, played with my kelly kettle, J terrorised the moggie with an rc flying saucer, I decanted the sloe gin :) sorted out the ice-brewed elderflower wine since it's been so cold the past few nights ;) and I'm trying to finish sewing a new jacket to wear with my arisaid. I went for a walk just as it got dark. It was damp, misty and cold....lovely really. Quiet and peaceful and we have so much left over food that I don't even need to cook dinner :cool: Might go and soak in the bath, got a copy of Mors Kochanski's Bushcraft to read, and 9 :eek: different bubble bath thingies......you'd think I needed a hint or sumthing :bluThinki

Cheers,
Toddy

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
All right for some of you, still I have tomorrow off and have arranged a nice little 15 mile stroll with the dog and clean out the lungs.

nooky

Nomad
Oct 26, 2005
Watton, Norfolk
Damascus said:
All right for some of you, still I have tomorrow off and have arranged a nice little 15 mile stroll with the dog and clean out the lungs.

I know what you mean I am back to work all week but they have given me the weekend off. :)
Andrew.

Jan 18, 2005
Bucks
Me I got up this morning far too late. Hade some breakfast with the family then spent the day smithing. I made a couple of slim bushcrafty/wood carving blades and put them to anneal in my new anealing pot. I will see how well it worked when i take them to the grinder.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE