what axe/hatchet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The GB Small Forest axe does it for me - use single or double handed, for everything from chopping down small trees,through limbing them to roughing out spoons! The GB hunters axe looks good as well. I also use a Maserin hatchet - all steel with a rubber grip - for small wood and when I go canoeing (it fits in my barrel better than the GB), a Gerber hatchet at home for splitting firewoob and a Gerber Backpax lives in my van (but I find this too small for a lot of work a Buck hatchet lives in my work area in the garage...I have too many axes and hatchets!
The GB SFA is my all time favourite
John

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
I've got the SFA and also a small hatchet from Gerber - whilst the Gerber axe is good, it cannot realistically be put to work against a fallen tree etc. The bed part is that the SFA weights a significant amount more, and more importantly it is harder to pack, and often makes the external part of my backpack.

Agile

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE