West Wales Meets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Are there any members in West Wales who fancy regular Meets?
I have access to a private site with toilets and water nearby, trench loos and "Wild" water on site, reasonable camping area and a couple of hundred acres of woods to use for other bushy things. No fees - just donations!
This is all up in the NE corner of Pembrokeshire with good access.
Occasionally we may have visits from some of the Support Workers and Service Users of the Care Farm the site is located on but otherwise it is all ours, with no public access.
The site is a bit brambly at the moment but the communal area already has a raised fire and a parachute shelter and several pitches are totally bramble free :) A little work with a billhook and there will be lots of space for ground dwellers and hammockers!

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Sounds a great setup John, wish i was closer as i'd jump at the chance to have access to that type of playgrounds but it's a bit far to just pop down, if there was a planned gathering of wisened bushy folks like yourself i could easily make plans and join you all an absorb some wisdom once i am back from Scotland next month.

Very surprised at the lack of feedback you got here though, a couple of hundred acres and no public access sounds like an outdoorsman's dream training ground

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'd have responded to this eagerly, but I've had some terrible nightmares with cars recently and don't know when I'll get another; the moment I'm mobile again I'd be pleased to come and clear some brambles!

Would a well trained dog be welcome or is there a no animals policy on the perm?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I'd have responded to this eagerly, but I've had some terrible nightmares with cars recently and don't know when I'll get another; the moment I'm mobile again I'd be pleased to come and clear some brambles!

Would a well trained dog be welcome or is there a no animals policy on the perm?

I will check with the owner about dogs...

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Tiny bit far for me mate with it not being easy to escape early on a Friday these days. Have you got a rough postcode so I can google maps the journey time and cost?

Juv2112

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2014
West Wales
I'm definitely interested John looking for a job atm due to recent redundancy but up for an overnighter soon. Got to get a sleeping bag and then good to go.

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
Interested, it's 130 miles from me so not too bad ( about 21/2-3 hours on those roads) and I quite enjoy a bit of bramble bashing. I am generally clear most weekends. :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Interested, it's 130 miles from me so not too bad ( about 21/2-3 hours on those roads) and I quite enjoy a bit of bramble bashing. I am generally clear most weekends. :)

It used to take 3-4 hours for me to Betws-y-Coed on the motorbike...

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
The best thing to do is decide when you're going and then just open it up, do you want me to move this to the Wales Meet ups or is this still just an idea....although it still might be better in the meet ups...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have now got so many folk interested that the site may not hold any more :)
I think we can let this thread die a natural death now :)
See you at the Moot :D

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
I would love to get out for the odd overnighter or two John, I live in Swansea so no problem with the distance, if you can let me know the dates you are thinking of going out and if there is room for a small one, I can check my availability

CPWSolf

Jul 5, 2010
Cumbria, UK
Just seen this thread. I can't be regular as I work most weekends. But am interested, as I take my journey along the early stages of bushcraft

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Are there any members in West Wales who fancy regular Meets?
I have access to a private site with toilets and water nearby, trench loos and "Wild" water on site, reasonable camping area and a couple of hundred acres of woods to use for other bushy things. No fees - just donations!
This is all up in the NE corner of Pembrokeshire with good access.
Occasionally we may have visits from some of the Support Workers and Service Users of the Care Farm the site is located on but otherwise it is all ours, with no public access.
The site is a bit brambly at the moment but the communal area already has a raised fire and a parachute shelter and several pitches are totally bramble free :) A little work with a billhook and there will be lots of space for ground dwellers and hammockers!

Sorry John, just seen this we would be well up for this, willing to put some work into clearing the site, or offering some help where needed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE