west midlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Likewise, would love some tips for West Mids.

I'm near Coventry - I know Rough Close campsite (Scouts) is fairly relaxed, but any other sites would be great. :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Yellowood.co.uk is a nice place and the owner is a nice guy too.

No affiliation etc

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
I don't know your areas well enough, S Staffs how far are you from Cannock Chase.
From memory south of Warwickshire is less densely populated and may offer some opportunities. Have you got hold of OS Landranger Maps, if you don't want to buy immediately try local libraries.

Spamel had a link to some good satellite imagery last week that will give you an overview of terrain and vegetation of any areas you can identify this saves a lot of slog, alternatively Goggle Earth.

Nothing beats getting out there with a map and compass public footpaths give great access to our countryside, speak to people working on farms and in forests it cant do any harm.

Not much help I'm afraid, Pothunter.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I know of a campsite which you can have an open fire on, it's in Herefordshire though !

It's a place called Tresseck, very basic site with compost loo and a cold tap. Right by the river which has it's own fishing rights.

I am trying to go there sometime this year with a mate and do a weekend there to see what it's like.

Andy

Aug 31, 2008
Stratford upon Avon
Hi Pothunter<

I have tried the landranger amp for SOA area and google earth, then tried every bit of woodland for around 10 miles of our house and no ones interested. However i should have maybe tried putting on a suit and going and knocking on the door. However farmers probably would think your an insurance salesman and push a 12 bore up your nose!!!

Any other top tips?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE