Went out to make my first bow drill...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

M86ney

...and ended up in hospital with a nice deep puncture wound in my thigh. quite a scary experience, blood gushing out of my leg, quickly tied some rope around my leg to stop the bleeding and hobbled out of the woods, found a nice couple walking by who let me use their phone then staggered out of the park just in time for a lift down to hospital.

well you learn from your mistakes, next time ill be alot more aware of where my limbs are when using my knife.

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
Sounds nasty. Hope you are back in business soon mate. Thats why as a general rule of thumb, I always carry a phone and first aid kit when out with a knife.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
your supposed to keep your knife in your sheath not your leg (i havent got room to talk with the ammount of scars i have lol)

Hope you get better soon but until then i hope you are able to milk it for all its worth!!

Dave

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
hope you getter soon, it's one of the reasons i normally carry a FA kit and a couple of FFD's when carrying large sharps. I even have some plasters in my wallet as you never know!! and I only have a min SAK on my keyring.

M

M86ney

How did you do that? if you don't mind me asking.
my hearth board was a bit thick and i was stripping it down when i slipped and used my leg as a sheath

at least it wasnt your middle leg!!! ;-)
i never even though of that :yikes:

iv got a FAK but as this was just a little trip out i never even thought about taking it, will do next time. whats an FFD? not heard that one before. i got myself a picture before i got all patched up, the cut is about an inch wide

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Now that is a decent knick, as you have said lesson learned ref carrying an fak when carrying a sharp AT ALL TIMES DUDE!, a FFD is a First Field Dressing, big absorbant pad with farbric attatched to tye it on to you, all stored in a plastic backed packet. looks as though you had the bored resting on your thigh, no no.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE