Weird metal work question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
Hi BR,

I was tidying up the front garden and digging up some bamboo and I bust one of the tines off my digging fork:aargh4:.

It's about 25cm long with a slight curve and 10mm square. From a stainless fork.

It should be strong enough for what you want but I would have thought that it would need welding to something so it could be fitted to a shaft.

If you want it I can pop it in the post to you?

Cheers

Grebby

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
old log turner cut down ?

if you don't have access to grinding equipment and you can think of anything you want ground down I can do it.

perhaps a bolt put through a pick axe handle with more than a few washers, like you say. Try a bit of pipe starred at the end that is tight enough for the bolt, hammered over and into the outside of the handle, will make the handle last, and the bolt removable for sharpenning, get the bolt to fit the pipe. Round the washers to the curve of the handle too !

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Someone posted this video over on BB... DIY pickaroon build

[video=youtube;vA0V3RhJ6BM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA0V3RhJ6BM[/video]

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Rengu - thats too chunky I think :)

I've decided when I sell this years Oca harvest to put the money to a proper one!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE