Weekend in the Lakes - ideas please!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 17, 2012
Todmorden
Hi everyone,

New to this site, but the resources look brilliant!

Going to the Lakes for a weekend of wild camping with a mate, any suggestions of good spots, walking routes?

Ta Big

Roy

Nov 19, 2008
Liverpool
I've done a fair few wild camps in small groups the Lakes but all have been canoe based so obviously next to lakes/rivers.
I tend only to wild camp "off season" i.e between september and April and have never realy been bothered by the wardens but have been prepared to move on if requested to do so. Pitch late and strike early.

Roy

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Hello mate, I don't tend to do much wild camping in the Lakes except for the odd overnighter on the high fells as part of a long route. You have to be careful as the Right To Roam isn't the same as up here in Scotland. I particularly like to camp at a site called Parkgates at Holmebrook. You can have a fire with logs for sale & easy walkable access to Wasdale with all it has to offer. A rough & ready site with friendly owners. Have a good weekend.

May 17, 2012
Todmorden
Thanks both - We are looking at a long route in the high parts, so it would be a quick overnight pitch rather than settling in for the weekend! Thanks for the tip on the site Nomad, will look it up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE