We just won the ashes!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Good team result:D
Look at the averages, decisions that went our way, we were very lucky. But hey! what goes around comes around.:p
Gracious in defeat Ricky Ponting, wouldn't blame any one but himself, said he could of done better with the bat. Took the stick aimed at him like a true pro. :beerchug:

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
that's one of the things i like about cricket- sportsmanship is still alive and well. batsmen sometimes still even walk before the umpire's finger goes up. very little of the whining and selfishness you get in other sports.

i need to catch the highlights of the final test, i haven't been in the house the last couple of days.

Don't make me laugh...lol....lol...."very little whining and selfishness you get in other sports?"
well that's not what I've read over the years, D, and considering there is NO actual contact like in most other sports, I'm amazed anyone watches the game, a bit like watching paint dry...lol

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Don't make me laugh...lol....lol...."very little whining and selfishness you get in other sports?"
well that's not what I've read over the years, D, and considering there is NO actual contact like in most other sports, I'm amazed anyone watches the game, a bit like watching paint dry...lol

I play "village" cricket and the sense of sportsmanship is very much there! If I bowl a good over the batsman will usually say "well bowled". Never "in" long enough to be told "nice shot!" :lmao:
Always have a good tea, laugh and a pint in the bar with the opposition after, no hard feelings :beerchug:
I used to play football until the knee needed surgery and that is full of prim-a-donnas:(
Sometimes it spilled off the pitch and carried on for seasons!
Cricket......a true gentleman's game!;)

someone occasionally has a tiff, but it usually blows over pretty quickly, and it's never heard of again. in football, you have spoiled chavs complaining that it wasn't thier fault that the team didn't play well, and rich continentals trying to lay down the law to managers and then not playing properly if they don't get their own way. it's pathetic.

i like different sports for different reasons; i do actually like premiership football, but i don't closely follow a team because i'm not interested in their petty squabbles. cricket has plenty of excitement in, especially the ashes because it's such an old rivalry; the intimidation attempts from the fielding side, the skill of the players, the arenas it takes place in, the history of the sport, the tension as the match progresses, everything. i like contact and non-contact sports alike; from tennis, right through the spectrum to the UFC. they all have merit in their own right.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE