water quest canoes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stoviecraig

Oct 11, 2011
scotland
Afternoon chaps,

Thinking of getting a canadian style canoe and have seen ones advertised on the internet - "Water Quest Scout 14"-does anyone have any experience of these and are they any good?

I'm not a paddler but have always fancied a canoe for family trips out but these seem to be a decent price for what you get.

Ta!

Roy

Nov 19, 2008
Liverpool
Whats wrong with the Pelican?
I very nearly bought one and had some good comments about them.
Nothing wrong with them as first boat to get you on the water and i still have two lend to other family members. They are heavy to car top and carry but once on the water they track (go in a straight line ) fairly well due to the small keel running through. Unfortunately Costco dont seem to be doing them anymore.
Should also mention that i have a Mad river Legend.

stoviecraig

Oct 11, 2011
scotland
Thanks for the feedback Roy. I'm still a bit undecided as I've been pointed in the direction of the Old Town Saranac. Currently looking to see where I can get the best deal overall as the major downside is the delivery cost. Having said that, the Saranac is about the same weight and has slightly more shapely moulded seats so is there any real difference??? I'm not looking to do anything adventurous like whitewater etc, just a paddle, camping and fishing so the waterquest might be the best deal........

Any thoughts???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE