Water purification

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dirty ben

Forager
Dec 24, 2009
somerset
I am planning on doing a 2/3 day trip on Dartmoor beginning of march,i normally take about two litres water for an overnight camp but for obvious reasons i don't want to carry four or five litres so can anyone recommend a water purification tablet that does not taste too chemically,the ones i have tried before have tasted awful

hughewil

Feb 13, 2012
Ohio, USA
Can you boil it instead of using chemicals?

You could use bleach, the bleach taste is very slight using 4-5 drops per quart.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
last year i did a long few day walk. money was tight and had to carry my water. ruined the trip for me really. now i have an explorer canteen. along with a 58 pattern canteen. i use the exploer to refill my 58 patt. then fill that to drink from. once i start using my 58 patt for drinking i make finding water a priority. and try to keep it for cooking cleaning etc. the explorer will clean most waters. but i wouldnt go for stagnant bog water. but streams lakes and rivers are fine.. as this will seriously reduce the life of the filter. look at www.drinksafe-systems.co.uk.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
last year i did a long few day walk. money was tight and had to carry my water. ruined the trip for me really. now i have an explorer canteen. along with a 58 pattern canteen. i use the exploer to refill my 58 patt. then fill that to drink from. once i start using my 58 patt for drinking i make finding water a priority. and try to keep it for cooking cleaning etc. the explorer will clean most waters. but i wouldnt go for stagnant bog water. but streams lakes and rivers are fine.. as this will seriously reduce the life of the filter. look at www.drinksafe-systems.co.uk.

I've bought the Explorer canteen too and use it to fill up my 58 pattern.
I bought mine for a forthcoming trip on North York Moors and Dartmoor etc. I recommend it! Filters very quick and a clean pure taste.

B

Bobee

Filters very quick and a clean pure taste.
g.gif

Pierr

Forager
Sep 15, 2008
France
One should be careful with taste neutralizer and citric acid that it also neutralize the active component of the purifying tablet. So add it to the water no sooner than 30mins after putting the purifying tablet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE