Washing a DD Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Hi all,
I need to wash a hammock as the young person using it had a night time accident
I've checked the DD website but it doesn't say what to use, I'm considering nikwax or Daz.
Thoughts/comments please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Thanks Mike, that was my initial thoughts, but want to make sure I get the urine out, before someone else can sleep on it.

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
Extra long cycle perhaps?
Ideally a bio washing powder for removing body fluids, but not sure if this might affect the fabric or stitching in any way....?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Send them an email, or just phone first thing tomorrow; I'm sure they'll be pleased to advise you.

honisoitquimalypense

Sep 14, 2015
oxford
i wash all tarps and fly sheets in a low temp wool cycle and then do another in a water repellent re proofing wash as per instructions. nikwax or grangers type of thing with a warm tumble dry to get the best results from product as per instructions. .always worked for me. rain does run off faster as increased surface tension for a while. good luck!

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Thanks for all your advice guys. Following an email exchange with Penny, it was washed in just water, which seems to have done the job.

GadgetUK437

Forager
Aug 8, 2010
North Devon
You don't say which type, but if it's the modular, take off the waterproof layer and treat that as suggested (if it is affected). The breathable hammock and bugnet, wash normally, delicate cool cycle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE