Warning, when ordering from Spain, and UPS woes.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Having seen the reviews I ordered a lavvu extension from Bushcraft Spain, I am in no position to comment on the quality of the product as it has not arrived yet. The first problem was customs, I had to pay a hefty charge to UPS, and was sent a delivery email with inaccurate information. On further enquiry the product has not left Spain never mind my payment and after lengthy calls to UPS customer service, not the easiest to access, I cannot be given a delivery date yet. I do not know if Bushcraft Spain or on this forum, but my advice to you is not to use UPS they are far from reliable, never mind the unexpected customs bill.

• Sad
Reactions: Kadushu

wookii

Jul 12, 2021
Surrey, UK
That's such a shame. I have one of their oilskin tarps and I love it. Was hoping to order some other items from them in future, but will probably hold off now.

Once you get your item, I hope you love it as much as I did mine. Their quality is fantastic.

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
That's such a shame. I have one of their oilskin tarps and I love it. Was hoping to order some other items from them in future, but will probably hold off now.

Once you get your item, I hope you love it as much as I did mine. Their quality is fantastic.
I am sure I will when it eventually arrives.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
UPS have gone down the swanny. They charge extremely high rates but have the very worst customer service and reliability for delivery I've ever experienced in a delivery company.

Dariet

Apr 22, 2021
Copthorne, Crawley
UPS have gone down the swanny. They charge extremely high rates but have the very worst customer service and reliability for delivery I've ever experienced in a delivery company.
years ago I had no problems getting parcels delivered by UPS, blaming BushcraftSpain for import duties or for whatever bs UPS is up to seems really unfair, the same would happen with any shop in the continent, we're not in the EU anymore, this is something we have to accept since it's what the majority wished.

Reactions: Fadcode

wookii

Jul 12, 2021
Surrey, UK
years ago I had no problems getting parcels delivered by UPS, blaming BushcraftSpain for import duties or for whatever bs UPS is up to seems really unfair, the same would happen with any shop in the continent, we're not in the EU anymore, this is something we have to accept since it's what the majority wished.
I hope it didn’t come across that I was blaming Bushcraft Spain. They’re a fantastic company. That’s why it’s such a shame about the issues @Laurentius is now experiencing.

I can only speak for myself, but I didn’t think that Laurentius did either. Although maybe it’s a slightly misleading choice of Thread title.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
I don't think Laurentius was complaining about BushcraftSpain, and I certainly wasn't (I hadn't actually heard of them until this thread!).

I'm just moaning about UPS. And whilst you're correct it's not UPS's fault that they need to collect customs charges for certain parcels coming to us from Europe, my negative experiences (multiple) have been with importing from the USA, for which they should have a heck of a lot more experience now.

As I say, they used to be my go-to, but no longer.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Don't forget there is a Global Fuel shortage, and also a lot of Flight cancellations, so some air freight delays might be expected, I ordered a Track Saw at 16:30 last night and it was delivered at 9:05 this morning by UPS, so they aren't all that bad, all incoming freight from abroad has also to go through customs for them to determine the duty payable, which is another holdup, on the route.............................I do feel a lot of people were shocked by the difference leaving the EU made to incoming freight, and the duty payable and the charge for collecting the duty, made by the carriers.

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
My quarrel is not with Bushcraft Spain, it is with their default choice of courier and a warning to anyone who does buy from them, to be ready to pay a hefty customs charge.

Reactions: wookii

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
You're warning people that if they import goods from abroad they may have to pay excise duty?

Seems a tad superfluous, but hey.

Reactions: Dariet

wookii

Jul 12, 2021
Surrey, UK
I think the original post was just to share their recent experience of purchasing from a particular company in the hope that it may help others. Probably also venting a little frustration and hopefully get some reassurance from others that all will be fine.

Reactions: knowledge=gain

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
The latest in this saga is that it is turning out to be a right royal Brexit disaster as the parcel has now been returned to Bushcraft Spain, because apparently they did not provide the right documentation, and did not respond in time to UPS request for further documentation so it was sent back today! I have contacted both UPS and Bushcraft Spain this time.

• Sad
Reactions: Broch

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
It's only been 19 months since we ceased to be fully under the control of the Eurocrats, so it will take foreign companies some time to wake up. Give 'em at least another couple of years to siesta. :laugh:..:laugh:

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Sorry to hear about your import woes. I bought the lavvu extension panel, late last year. It took about three weeks from order to delivery, and no extra costs, they were all built into the £135 (IIRC) price. I can't remember who delivered though. Be patient, BushCraft Spain are an excellent company to deal with, and the extension panel is of fantastic quality. I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE