Warning: Avoid Amazon for SealSkinz Socks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TroubledTalent

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2014
The woods
Strange how you state the logo I presented is genuine, despite my correspondence with them stating the opposite. And I get called deceptive for it. Lovely

TroubledTalent

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2014
The woods
I don't really like to sit and force an essay onto people, thats why I TRIED to keep this short and sweet.
I bought 4 pairs from amazon. Out of all 8 individual socks, Only 1 was waterproof. I really don't know what other detail I can give you without telepathicly imprinting this experience onto you...
SAM_0721.jpg

If you bought them from a shop yet their logo IS NOT GENUINE, then the shop was likely stung by the same counterfit ring that this family business is trying to battle.
The logo has clearly not changed for any reason. I would email them to ask what is it I am experiencing here, but they are already answering that by thanking me for handing in others with the same logo!
I think it's fairly obvious a lot of people have been ripped off with products of a lower, cheaper to produce, quality and are ready to jump on me for the butthurt.
I have absolutely no reason to lie to anyone, I frankly find the acusation abhorrent.

Peace, good will, long lives.
Bye

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Nobody is disagreeing with you not one bit, personally appreciate the heads up as i've nearly been duped into buying those fake amazon socks several times

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
This picture is from the actual Sealskinz website showing the same logo as the fake socks

Product link

1211411_001_1-800x800.jpg

Last edited:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
If people want to argue with me, or have me answer to their experiences, frankly delete the thread please. Was just trying to help

I don't see anyone arguing - I do see discussion though.
Perhaps a bit more wordy would have helped - I took the fraud to be dentifiable by the different colours and the different logo. I do see that as deceiving if the logo has been updated. I'm not saying you're being intentionally deceptive.

Having done some research of my own since your extra replies here, I see that they did use a different logo before a rebrand and relaunch:
https://www.facebook.com/sealskinzf...e=54F4F244&size=403,403&fbid=1382346505349814

I'm not trying to catch you out but don't want to be caught out by fraudulent goods myself, nor do I want to support the sale of fraudulent goods.

You seem to be having very aggressive / snappy responses. Askling how to identify how something is 100% merino wool is quite a reasonable question. I don't know how to so how would I know without asking / being told?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Chris; please go back into your posts and remove your email address from the open forum. It could save you a heck of a lot of spam mail from robots which routinely scan forums such as this.

cheers,
Toddy

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I only ever post when i know what i am talking about, i've been a multiple times Sealskinz customer for over a decade and was just sharing my experience and knowledge on the brand, glad someone else mentioned the snappy aggressive responses as i thought i was just being acutely sensed to it through being awake all night.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Just a follow up, over the last couple of days i have been swapping emails with Sealskinz customer service dept and sent them photo's of all the gloves i have bought over the years and they confirmed all of my items are official merchandise, thankfully. Just old and new logo's, the said they regularly update their range and redesign each type of glove every couple of years as fabric technology changes.

If you have bought any Sealskinz items that were not fully waterproof or felt cheaply made chances are you've bought fakes regardless of what logo is on them old or new, they said they are in a constant battle against the fake stuff.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Just a follow up, over the last couple of days i have been swapping emails with Sealskinz customer service dept and sent them photo's of all the gloves i have bought over the years and they confirmed all of my items are official merchandise, thankfully. Just old and new logo's, the said they regularly update their range and redesign each type of glove every couple of years as fabric technology changes.

If you have bought any Sealskinz items that were not fully waterproof or felt cheaply made chances are you've bought fakes regardless of what logo is on them old or new, they said they are in a constant battle against the fake stuff.

Thanks for following this up.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Wow thanks for the info was going to go for a hat from flea bay thought it seemed cheap now I know why, possibly. Thanks.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Sometimes the cheap Sealskinz stuff is just discontinued lines that they no longer sell as they either redisigned or improved it and retailers still have stock of and reduce the price to move them on

like these gloves, both genuine sealskinz, same product title 2 years apart both now discontinued and no longer available from Sealskinz direct but definitely genuine Sealskinz

oldest version of the road performance gloves

product link

$_1.JPG

newer version product link

$_57.JPG

Sealskinz no longer sell either of these designs but both are genuine merchandise, i had checked these specifically with them as i own a pair of the older versions and sent pictures of both types asking of one was fake and the other genuine and was told both are genuine just from different product remodelings and fabric advancements.

They also told me that any product bought directly from them comes with a 2 year guarantee but they do not apply this to any of their products genuine or otherwise if purchased from Ebay

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
What life do you guys get out of their socks? I've only bought from reputable shops like Cotswolds, climbers shop, etc. but I rarely get more than 18 months from their socks. Usually less than a year and the inner layer of merino has worn through to the porelle membrane. I also wear them the last month of use with them leaking a bit. My.gloves, non-cycling ones, seam to leak in the fingers the first time out on my bike in heavy rain. That's with my waterproof sealed tightly over the cuff so it's not water running down into the glove to collect in the fingers. More like the fingers with their complex seams are leaking. These gloves were bought from Nevisport which is a small chain of outdoors shops, not likely to get dodgy stuff but would deal with sealskinz direct for stock.
How can you tell it's merino and not cheaper wool? Is it a case that it's merino if it wears through or holes within 2 years? I've had non-merino wool last for decades but expensive merino base layers hole in months.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I've had issues with merino base layers from tog 24 not lasting more than six months before holes started randomly appearing in them on thighs and buttocks leaving me looking like Rab C Nesbit, never had issues with leaking Sealskinz gloves though, only way i can tell merino is the fine threads and it is ultra soft and never itches when next to skin, i'm no fabric expert by a long shot.

Only advice i can give on the SS socks is to buy direct from their website and then you get a 2 year guarantee, you get the extra year by registering your purchase barcode on the website, i've never had them last as short a time as yours but in the past i bought 3 pairs and alternated between them so hard to judge longevity of each pair, plus my excessive 35 mile per day cycling commute would probably not be a fair comparison to regular usage

I just got a new set of Sealskinz gloves yesterday, i went for the Extra Cold Winter cycling gloves direct from their website, they have the maximum waterproof and warmth rating that sealskinz rate their gear at so my expectations are high and i'm looking forward to putting them to the test. All my previous gloves have been level 3 or 4 rating and i've stayed bone dry but occasionally gotten cold finger tips when it's really windy and cold, keen to see the difference in these level 5 gloves

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE