Wanted! Somewhere to live........!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
Received a letter today from the Letting Agency telling me and my mate that we are to be out of the house by the third week in April. :sigh:

Apparently the owners want to sell, short of money or something.

Have spent all morning trolling through all the estate agents (online) trying to find suitable accomodation and there isn't much around in Devon. :confused:

The requirements are;

3 bedrooms but will go for 2 double bedrooms
Either a lounge diner or a kitchen diner
Garage with driveway for a trailer and car.
Would like a garden, the larger the better (but that's only wishful thinking)

I have an old pussy cat (25yrs), so anywhere that doesn't accept animals is out of the question

One problem though I am on long term incapacity.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Neil

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, I’m with Eric, I hope you find something mate, sorry I can't be of any help :( I've been in the same position and it's not nice if you're settled.

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
Thank you for the support. :D

The main problem is having to pack all the kit again..................groan. :lmao:

Ah well, at least this time I have plenty of boxes.

Jan 18, 2006
Devon
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that you are not obliged to move out unless there is a court order telling you to do so. If you do not vacate by the date specified in the notice your landlords will have to apply to the county court to get a possession order. This does not involve a hearing. However if the notice is dated incorrectly or not in the correct format they will have to serve a fresh 2 month one on you.

Even when you get a date from the court to move out you cannot be forcibly removed until an application to the court is again made by your landlords for a balliff to turn up. This whol process could take 4-6 months from service of the notice.

Be warned. If it goes to court a fixed costs order will most leikly be ade against you ie £150 for court fee and some lesser fees for baliffs etc.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Dont be a pest, UKmDEVON, landlords have it tough as it is.

(but it might be worth looking into whether you could stay on as a tenant, it might increase the marketability of the property having a decent tenant in place.)

Does the Bristol `Trade it` free ad paper go as far as devon? They have a lot of `to rent`

I find it very useful when looking for things.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE