Wanted - Flint

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
I have a steel striker from Whittler Kev but have been unsuccessful in finding flint in my area. Has anyone got some spare?

For swaps I have some ceramic rods which are excellent sharpeners. See pic;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59179310@N02/5420699445/

Obviously the SAK is for scale not swap!

If anyone wants a rod but doesn't have flint to swap, let me know- I have a few spare.

Cheers, Magentus

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Are you likely to come to the Midlands meet in March Magentus.

If you are then I'll go raid the local fields and you can collect it at the meet :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Keep your eyes peeled when walking around your town Magentus,
Some driveways and municipal buildings are surrounded by flint pieces - often too small and rounded to be of great use but there are occasionally a lump ot two that'll work for fire lighting. You could try quartz too - plenty of that around here, again its not brilliant but useful sparks can be had from it!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Ogri - I'll do that - cheers. Stupidly I hadn't thought of looking in an urban setting.

Mesquite - Thanks for the offer. I doubt I'll get to the meet; I work most weekends (sat at work right now!) and don't use a car either.

Cheers all, Magentus

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE