wanderlust

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
O

oddjob

Hi,

Am a newbie on this forum and am interested in suggestions for good locations in the South of England to get properly started in the wonderful world of bushcraft.

I loved the outward bound world I was involved in with the Scouts and then Cadets. And after a few years away from getting out there am basically looking to dust off my basha's that I have stored away and start to use this coming summer (hopefully a good one) on expanding my skills and experiences.

Have to put my hands up and admit it's been Mr Mears recent TV series that's helped rekindled my wanderlust, especially the episode when he was in Swedish Lapland, brought back some good memories as I spent a couple of winters in my early teens in a place called Roveniemi in Finland being taught how to cross country ski by my uncle, though we spent our nights in the warmth of a modern house.

Anyway enough of my wittering, basically looking for suggestions of places to start getting out there.

Bob

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hey Mate,

There's loads of places in the SE to go and do bushcraft... where about in the SE are you?

There's also the Official BCUK meet up this weekend near Reading/Newbury or if you want something that's not quite so formal (if you could ever call bushcraft formal! lol) then there's the Ashdown meet up this weekend too... just do a search on ashdown and theres a whole thread about it.

Both events will have heaps of BCUK members going and both will be really good fun and a chance to meet other like minded folk in your area and share each others skills.

If you're interested in Ashdown then PM "PaganWolf" and if you interested in the BCUK meet then PM "Tony".

Hope to see you at one of the events,

Bam.

O

oddjob

I'm in the South Herts area, Bushey.

Got a prior arrangement this weekend in that I'm building garden tables with the other half. Otherwise I'd be tempted to go. Anyway am looking for places about 2 hours away max.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE