walking sticks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Nice sticks there, I especially like the big looped Hazel (?).........You could splice a ship.s hawser with that one! :)

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I love the woods but could never be simply a "Bimbler" as such lacks purpose. Fortunately I'm blessed with the privilege of hunting with a rifle but we're I not the next best thing would be hunting down an taking an interesting stick, be it just for the shank or as per those whittled above.

In short searching out pleasant and useful sticks of and from a sustainable resource is one of the most pleasant activities to engage with in the woods.

Keep up the good work.

K

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I love the woods but could never be simply a "Bimbler" as such lacks purpose. Fortunately I'm blessed with the privilege of hunting with a rifle but we're I not the next best thing would be hunting down an taking an interesting stick, be it just for the shank or as per those whittled above.

In short searching out pleasant and useful sticks of and from a sustainable resource is one of the most pleasant activities to engage with in the woods.

Keep up the good work.

K

One day, my friend, you will see the light; until that day your life will be devoid of one of the great pleasures this mortal coil has to offer the soul of man.

Bimbling is one of the greatest of the gifts of the gods :)

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
Nice sticks. I'm starting to make staves because my arthritis is progressing rapidly and a stick is now a very useful thing to have. Can anyone recommend a good book on stickmaking?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
http://www.thestickman.co.uk/

Have a good browse here, a very good supplier of almost anything to do with stick dressing at decent prices. Some very useful info and tips here as well, a great resource for anybody starting out.

No connection at all, just a happy customer from time to time :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE