Walking in Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
Went for a walk in Wales a few days back. The sun was shining the whole time. Not sure how to embed pics but they are all shown here;

http://www.peakseekers.co.uk/070411.html

This is my mates site. He is a great photographer, and thanks to this he has able to document some of the amazing places he has visited over the years in great detail. My ugly mug is in most of the pics unfortunatly but I caught a great pic of him throwing a rock mid flight into the pile at the top.

Matty has taken me walking up the hills a couple of times, so now I am going to be returning the favour by teaching him the wonders and comforts of bushcraft.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Have been up to those falls a few times, but never walked the hills above. You've just inspired me for next time I'm up that way. Thanks for the great photos.

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
The walk was beautiful but what amazed me was the ever changing views you could see as the clouds moved and let the sun in on the surrounding areas. As you can see on the site the route is all mapped out for you, it had a few points you had to push through but it was all worth it just to have lunch on top of the cliff overlooking the tarn. If you need any help with the route just ask.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Excellent pics, Thanks. I've done this walk and your pics brought back great memories - you had much better wether than me, though!

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Great pics of one of my favourite places. Thanks for sharing. I stayed at the campsite at the foot of the falls a few times a couple of years ago after "joining" for a year and walked that route a few times. I plan to camp in the Tannat valley soon so hopefully I'll be sitting on Cadair Berwyn before long.

BTW, if you continue walking the way shown in one of your pics you come down off the hills at Llandrillo and eventually Bala which is a walk I've often thought about but never done.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE