Volunteers Needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Thanks for all the replies fella's, I'm sorry I cant be more specific yet, I'm trying to tie up with the Ranger, I should be able to catch her tomorrow, she only works Wed Thurs Fri! ;)

I'm now aiming at a full weekend in February- I cant make it for March:rolleyes:
Watch this space tomorrow and I should be able to confirm details

cheers
Steve

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Thanks for all the replies fella's, I'm sorry I cant be more specific yet, I'm trying to tie up with the Ranger, I should be able to catch her tomorrow, she only works Wed Thurs Fri! ;)

I'm now aiming at a full weekend in February- I cant make it for March:rolleyes:
Watch this space tomorrow and I should be able to confirm details

cheers
Steve

Don't make it the weekend 13 - 15th Feb. That's the weekend of the Dark Age meet at York and I've already bought the train tickets.

Eric

rancid badger

Don't make it the weekend 13 - 15th Feb. That's the weekend of the Dark Age meet at York and I've already bought the train tickets.

Eric

Unfortunately, that's the only weekend I can get until April:( Sorry Eric

To be honest, if Eric can't make it, the camping side of things is going to be really awkward.
While I can be there most of the day and into the evening, I'll be unable to camp, due to ongoing family commitments.
We have to have a nominated Friends member on site, at all times for insurance purposes and there really isn't anyone else to cover it.
It wouldn't be the same without Eric anyway.

I hadn't originally planned a full weekend, so hadn't factored in the need for 24hr cover.

So, I'm sorry but unfortunately,I'll have to stick to my original plan of people just coming along for the day:eek:

Sincere apologies; to those of you, who so generously offered to come along from far and wide, the whole thing was a bit of a spur of the moment exercise, hence Eric was already booked up for York.

All is not yet totally lost however, as I'm working on another working/bushcraft weekend, later in the year. I'll have everything better planned and ready to go, well in advance.

For those who still wish/are able, to come along;
We'll be meeting at the Chopwell Wood Forest Classroom on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th, at 09:30, to start at 10:00. We will knock off about 15:30 or once the light drops off.
I would expect to be pretty much finished by lunch time Sunday and if this is the case; we can practice a few bits of fire lighting skills and as Eric suggested; gather some birch for carving etc. till we lose the light again.

You will need to bring your lunch with you and a flask of tea or coffee might also be a good idea.
Apart from that, we will provide the tools required for the job, as well as the raw materials.

Sorry for any disappointment fella's:eek:
best wishes
Steve

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
RB

that cancels me out then mate cos work comitments unfortunatly with working nights and needing holidays for the big bushy trip to south wales in the summer sorry drew

ps i would love to do another date and because i live in teesside if you fancy meeting up feel free to contact me mate

Hobbit on a String

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2009
Aberdeenshire (Turriff)
Howdy, I cant make this time round, prior commitments, but if you have any other jobs going on say March onwards drop me a PM, will be in the grampians from mid feb onwards so free to travel, all i need is a place to crash in my doss bag and bivvy bag.

The Hobbit

rancid badger

Just a bump in the form of an update:

Everything is set, I've arranged for the ordering and delivery of the willow wands, I've got the risk assessment written up and ready to print and all I need now is some decent weather!

Anyone coming along; we will meet at the forest classroom, there is limited parking here and you may end up having to park in the main car park and then walk down to the classroom.

To find the classroom;
You turn off the main road at Hookergate, head straight up the slope towards a sharp left hand bend, take your time on this corner! it's a steep hill and single track, although the council see no reason to inform road users of this fact:rolleyes:

Once at the top of the hill, you will pass a cottage on your right, carry on down the road but be aware; that horses, mountain bikes, cars and pedestrians, are all likely to be encountered on your way in.

You will come, to what looks like the entrance to the car park, on your left, keep going, up another hill, till you reach what is an obvious, large car park area, beneath the powerlines.
If you want to try to park at the classroom, continue past the main carpark, till you come to a side road to the left, complete with signage, take this road to the left down into fiddlers green, the small group of ex F.C. houses. Please take your time, the speed limit on this road is 20mph and as with the main forest road, all manner of hazards can come at you out of nowhere:D
As you approach the large white house at the bottom, the tarmac road leads left, you need to turn right and the class room is the wooden building in front of you.

I've no idea how many are going to show up but I'm hoping for a good couple of days regardless;)

Any queries or issues-just let me know;)

rancid badger

As title-final reminder, we had about 6 inches of snow today but by 5pm it was raining and had started to melt.
I'll be there, pretty much regardless of conditions but I only live a mile away and can walk in.
Hope you can make it but listen to the forecast and don't take any unnecessary risks;)
Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE