"Vintage" MSR Whisperlite Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've had this since about 1990 I think!

Very well used and never let me down,been all over the shop, either with me or out on loan.

I've not used it for a long time, probably well over two years but I primed it, warmed it up, lit it and away it went!:cool:

It's in good condition as such, although the heat shields are a bit soot stained/heat discoloured and the pump handle has been modified with epoxy putty ( done in 1995-never bothered about replacing it as it's actually significantly better than the original)

It comes complete with the stripping tool, spare jet for unleaded petrol, jet cleaner,full instructions, heat shield and wind shield ( both of these are a bit tatty but fully serviceable) spare home-made heat shield and the Sigg fuel bottle that replaced the original MSR item after only 3 years of not seriously hard work( Seemed very soft-dented if you sneezed on it but a 4 tonner actually killed it:naughty:)

Anyway, it runs like a quiet rocket

Quite a few scratches and small dents and dings but no leaks;)

Here's a closer look at the modified pump handle-really is better than the original

and finally, the whole lot lives in an old dpm respirator pouch-loads of space for other stuff, spare fuel, meths (if you choose to use it that is)

It's been serviced a few times with new o rings, although it must be at least three years since the last time..

I'm looking for £35 for this, free post and packing.

pm to secure please

any questions, just ask away

cheers

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE