Vacuum Marinating

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It's difficult to stop the marinade being sucked into the machine and ruining the seal but I think it works well. Haven't tried it with the pots you can buy, only the bags

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I seen a machine that pops a hole in the top of a standard jar and sucks out the air, i was thinking you could put your meat in a jar then the liquid would not reach the extraction hole and then it would work that way for vacuum marinating, but then its expensive so I'm no sure if its even worth getting into!

stevied

Dec 15, 2010
East Riding
If you pop to a fishing tackle shop they have pellet pumps for this kind of thing just for fishing bait. No reason it wouldn't work with anything else.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Never done it but I'm guessing those brake bleeding pumps would do the trick as well.

Might not be a good idea to do it with one fresh from bleeding brakes though;)

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I got a cheap vacuum sealer from Aldi awhile back and tried it on some chicken breast I was going to curry, the results were great instead of leaving the chicken marinade over night it done the same job in under 2hrs it works by forcing the marinade into the meat under pressure.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE