Vacuum flasks & stoves...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Just a quick video showing why you should make sure your flask isn't a vacuum flask if you're putting it on a stove of any kind - a lighthearted video with a serious message!

[video=youtube;NibzWPFCjH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NibzWPFCjH8[/video]

Keep Calm and Camp Out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that could've been nasty

Heating up a sealed unit is never going to end well, glad you're okay

Cheers Shewie,

I didn't give it a second thought & didn't realise it was sealed -major error on my part, thought it was a single skin flask...thankfully the only damage was to the bottom of the flask and the pot stand on the woodgas stove, which was wasily bent back into place. The reason I shared this was to point it out to newbs like myself that might not realise how dangerous it could be.

ATB,
~WWC~

Keep Calm and Camp Out!

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Well I'm glad that you're OK could of been much worse.

PS:
Double walled 'tin' mugs are another item to watch out for.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
keep-calm-when-your-flask-goes-bang.png

Especially for you WWC!:eek: Remember wooden Kuskas shouldn't be used on the fire either! Cheers for the shout-out on the vid:cool:

Could've been a lot worse, you were lucky.

Speak soon,
GB

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
9 views at the time of my "looksee" I reckon you'll be looking at a couple of thousand soon and over a million once it goes "viral":cool:

Seriously though; Full marks for posting it up and particularly for admitting your "failings", most people on here (or elsewhere) wouldn't have the courage to do that.goodjob

Very best wishes and glad you weren't injured

Steve.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Doh! ;)

Thankfully not as explosive as I'd thought it'd be. But I guess they are kind of made to fail early.

Once as a teen remember putting a wet stone on a fire, that exploded, was bit of a trouser moment.

Hehehehe, serious subject, but I can't help having a giggle at some of the posts...:lmao: - the Darwin Awards would have a field day with my occasional mishaps :) (and I mean occasional - I'm not THAT accident prone! :pokenest: I'm usually very safety conscious!)

GB, thankyou kindly sir for the wonderful pic - I love it...downloaded and I'm going to print it off ;) :D :D :D :D

I count my blessings that neither myself, nor the dog were hurt when this happened, and although it doesn't appear much of a bang on the vid, it was verrrrrry loud at the time - I thought someone had chucked a flashbang at me!!

Thanks Steve, to be honest I'd hate to hear of an accident happening that may have been preventable - if I hadn't shared the video due to pride. I'd rather make an **** of myself and make people stop and think, than try and be something I'm not & look perfect :) That's a huge compliment to me, cheers :)

But yeah, in summary, to quote Jared...D'oh!! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE