Uuni Pizza Oven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
http://uuni.in/uuni-kickstarter-video/2012/11/

uuni-pizza-oven-xl-thumb-630xauto-26169.jpg

"Up 'til now, wood-fired pizza ovens have been the domain of restaurants and the rich. The Uuni Pizza Oven (£160; roughly $250) is looking to change all of that. Made from stainless steel, it's compact, weighs just 5kg, and - most importantly - cooks a fantastic pizza, thanks to an integrated furnace that gets up to 800° F, or hot enough to cook a pie in just 3 minutes."

so what do you reckon? pc fans at the back? who would go for a bushcraft pizza maker?

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Probably not.
You could make a pizza in a Dutch oven on the fire if you really want pizza but for a good one you'd need to take lots of fresh ingredients too.
It could be an option for a weekender though or the Moot maybe.
I'm working on a heavyweight outdoor setup with real ovens so I can bake bread outdoors over the fire or with burners.No reason why it wouldn't
do pizza too.It's just a question of getting it really hot and having great dough and sauce.
Could be fun.
Simon

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There are campfire ovens around, most are just reflective boxes. You can construct one over the top of a dutch oven quite well using tinfoil and tent pegs. Doesn't weight 5kg nor cost £100+ either.
You can buy a heck of a lot of bacofoil for £100 :) and a Dutch Oven or better yet a cast iron bakestone, with the change :)

cheers,
Toddy

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Always fancied pizza outdoors without needing the big oven. I guess you just make a little tent over a base from foil?

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
I've only had pizza once outdoors, a Dominos some 20 yrs ago.... it was lush! Why why why I've been missing out all this time. Must be on my to do list now. :cool:

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
A clay pizza oven is something I have often meant to do but not got round to yet. The suggestion that they are the "have been the domain of restaurants and the rich." is wrong lots of the alternative green woodwork/eco build type people build them. Two years ago my neighbours at Glastonbury built one behind their stand and baked in it for the week. Quick easy and free to build out of local materials. You basically make a rough upside down basket and cover it with clay then fire it. This book tells you how http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=the+earth+oven+book&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41867550,d.d2k&biw=1224&bih=907&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=4735927292687755713&sa=X&ei=ejsOUbzXEqLD0QXC54HgBQ&ved=0CFkQ8wIwCA

They can be quick and simple or incredibly beautiful https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=ejsOUbzXEqLD0QXC54HgBQ

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Clay ovens are really simple to make and great fun and not just for pizza. I made a wood oven once from two paving stones and half an old oil drum. Cut a small hole for a can chimney. It cost nothing to make and worked really well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE