Urgent News If You Want A Ventile Smock!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
maddave said:
Is the ventile DPM or plain olive..... :confused:

I'd like a smock but I don't do DPM since they stopped paying me to wear it :lmao:

Hey Dave,

it's olive green mate, OD, not DPM. I'm in much the same situation, my Kit Karry smock is DPM and it is luvverly but i have issues with using it for Bushcraft.

1) i dont really want to give the impression that i can't let go of the Forces,

2) i dont really want to give the impression that i am a militia/survivalist type,

3) It clash's with my woodland can BDU trousers which i favour for my 'wood time',

4) I dont think i could be as careless with it. It's seen me through some scrape's and it's sentimental value to me means that i'd be thinking 'uh oh, don't want to damage my smock'. I'll retire it and use the Ventile OG smock instead. If i get any hole's in it, i'll stick a badge on the top so i can look like Klenchblaizie! :D

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Jedadiah said:
Hey Dave,

it's olive green mate, OD, not DPM. I'm in much the same situation, my Kit Karry smock is DPM and it is luvverly but i have issues with using it for Bushcraft.

1) i dont really want to give the impression that i can't let go of the Forces,

2) i dont really want to give the impression that i am a militia/survivalist type,

3) It clash's with my woodland can BDU trousers which i favour for my 'wood time',

4) I dont think i could be as careless with it. It's seen me through some scrape's and it's sentimental value to me means that i'd be thinking 'uh oh, don't want to damage my smock'. I'll retire it and use the Ventile OG smock instead. If i get any hole's in it, i'll stick a badge on the top so i can look like Klenchblaizie! :D

Damn...... Gonna have to give em a bell then...... (there goes the savings account) :rolleyes:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'd have loved one of these, but with the recent move and having to buy tV licences and god knows what else that rip off britain insists we spend our money on, I have no chance! :(

I suppose I will have to be content with my new toy next week, I have a DPM version in Gaberdine that need to be de-DPM'ed as I too don't like to wear it unless I am being paid to!! :D

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My new Ventile smock arrived today, it only took a week!

It is exactly how I envisioned it, it looks and feels like a great bit of kit, i can't wait to use it this w/end at the West Wales moot in Gellie!

All I need now is my new crusader mug and mess tin I ordered from the Outdoorcode!:D

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Jedadiah said:
I'm still waiting for mine, is it worth it then, was it the best £130 you spent? :D I'll tell you a story about that when i get mine! ;)

I am happy with it so far but I obviously haven't tested it yet so I can't say whether or not it is the best £146 ( I had a few extras!:rolleyes: ) I have ever spent. I'll let you know at a later date!:D

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Spacemonkey said:
...like me. I seem to be the only one who thought to order matching trousers.. ;)
recently they got some tan cloth that was supplied by some US special forces group for a special order, and they made some smocks from this too. My friend has one and it appears to be a lightweight ventile too.

Just remember to order everything one size smaller than usual...

It's called 'Coyote' and it's the next big thing in 'tactical' colours! I kid you not.

It's a good deserty/outdoory colour (darker than tan) but isn't patterned so you don't look as much like a soldier. To be honest, it's actually a nice alternative to OG as it's still subdued enough to use in temperate areas like the UK. They do a cordura material for pouches and backpacks in the colour but I haven't really seen clothes yet so it's a new one on me.

Anyway, all SF wannabes round here must be seen to have at least one Coyote item. It's the law! :D

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
What kind of size has your smock come up like in relation to your chest mesurement that you have ordered???

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Its plenty big enough to get additional layers under, quite baggy but thats how I like it anyway!

All rather spot on really.:D

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Got mine Yesterday. I must say though, i don't think it's right that a grown man should get this excited about a jacket!

Fantastic! Outstanding! (insert a superlative of your choice here)

Workmanship and quality second to non, good price, meteoric delivery, need i say more. Sizing is spot on, everything i wanted and more.

Paul from SASS phoned me last week to say that after manufacture, their quality control had picked up a problem. :eek: At a certain point, the machine had run out of cotton for the stitching so they had to start a new thread. He said that if i wanted, i could have a totally new smock made or have this one and take £20 off the price. :rolleyes:

I decided i'd go for the latter. ;) I had a good old look for this problem when it came yesterday and i'll be blowed if i can see it :p . I opted for the double D ring as my only optional extra as i feel it is the only thing on my Kit Karry smock that would be useful on a back to basics Bushie smock. So....................

The whole shebang cost me £120 inc P&P! :eek: BARGAIN!!!!!!

Now, please excuse me while i go clean myself up! :D

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I should have my smock and trousers next week,I ordered double D ring and double hood retainer tab extras :headbang: I had to get myself these because at the price SASS are doing them for I couldent let it pass!

CLEM said:
I should have my smock and trousers next week,I ordered double D ring and double hood retainer tab extras :headbang: I had to get myself these because at the price SASS are doing them for I couldent let it pass!

I just did the field smock Clem, also should be here next week, to good to miss and having seen the quality of sass kit it will last.
Cheers Tim
PS Jed Thanks for the heads up on this one

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Timinwales said:
I just did the field smock Clem, also should be here next week, to good to miss and having seen the quality of sass kit it will last.
Cheers Tim
PS Jed Thanks for the heads up on this one
Well mines the standard field smock too,its just got a couple of non standard extras :D that I think will be very usefull to me.Mine will get well used,camping shooting,fishing,bushcrafting,maybe even canoeing too! Dident really need the trousers but thought that I may as well as Iam flush for once(it very very rarely happens,me being even slightly flush) :eek: .

Oh and thank you Jed too! :)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
CLEM said:
Well mines the standard field smock too,its just got a couple of non standard extras :D that I think will be very usefull to me.Mine will get well used,camping shooting,fishing,bushcrafting,maybe even canoeing too! Dident really need the trousers but thought that I may as well as Iam flush for once(it very very rarely happens,me being even slightly flush) :eek: .

Oh and thank you Jed too! :)

How much were the trousers mate?

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Mine arrived today :D - lovely bit of kit and extremely well made. I wouldn't hesitate at doing business with SASS again - an outstanding service from the first enquiry to the delivery of the goods :)

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Silverback said:
Mine arrived today :D - lovely bit of kit and extremely well made. I wouldn't hesitate at doing business with SASS again - an outstanding service from the first enquiry to the delivery of the goods :)
Mind posting a pic of you modelling said garment :D so we can see how it looks in the bigger size's,do try not to sa-shay too much though matey :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE