trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adamzam15

Nov 13, 2013
NW London
Hi guys,

Trying to find a decent pair of trousers for around £30.

They are not going to be used in the winter months, but will be used from spring through to autumn. i want something thats not going to get damaged easily, dries fast and will keep the wind out.

I was looking at Bundswehr German Moleskin Trousers but i dont think they will dry fast.

I was also looking at cheaper trousers at go outdoors. please could someone advise me on a good pair?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Oh, OK, Thanks for the tip, I'll give 'em a call Monday..............There's been no mention of them on the website for months............

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I just got a craghopper thermal lined jobs for 15 delivered and they are brilliant. Post by bearthrills. Comfy warm and pretty well made. Certainly for the money. Going to order more.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I bought a pair of Regatta softshell trousers from Go Outdoors for thirty something pounds the other week, damn sight cheaper than the other offerings. They are are warm enough and comfy enough at the moment. I can't abide Craghoppers, the fit just is not right for me.

adamzam15

Nov 13, 2013
NW London
Happy new year!

So, i got my 5.11 tdu's. I love them! they are a it long in the leg, but the smaller size would be too small in the waist! anyway, I want to keep these in tip-top cndition and wondered if someone can tell me the best way to wash them - keeping the waterproofing. I have nikwax tx direct washin and tech wash. would that work?

Also, i got a ridgeline euro grizzly coat and needed to know how to wash that too.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I buy Craghoppers Kiwis from TK Maxx when they have them - most I've paid is £19 and got a pair for £16 once! They are hardwearing and last ages. Also found them at a good price in the Regatta shop at my local Outlet Centre (Glos. Quays). Much better IMHO than paying through the nose for a "proper bushy" brand like Fjallraven.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I wear issue goretex DPM(£10 a pair) over the top of Ripstop 5.11 TDU's for rain and wash the tdus as per normal polycotton mix. Way the best trousers I have had for durability, fit and price is reasonable I reckon.

Last edited:

Inky

Nov 4, 2012
Cambridge
The new MTP british army combats are pretty good for the milder times of year. Good pockets, strong but light and dry super quick.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
I find that fit is at least as important as the material properties. A well fitting trousers makes a huge difference in comfort. As I have no idea how you look I can't give any advice.

I have no behind, totally flat. Always have to alter my pants. Also, larger sizes tends to mean bigger waist, not longer legs. Hopeless.

Regarding price, and paying thru the nose for 'bushy brands', I don't know about you but I was always told that you get what you pay for. This is certainly true with clothing. I prefer buying brands I know does not use child labour, allow unions, pay decent wages, and has some sort of environmental policy. The fashion (which include outdoor clothing) industry has a huge negative environmental impact. I try to limit my impact.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE