Trip To Norway - Fishing/camping with Torjus

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
It's been over a week now since Neil Chris and I have come back from our camping and fishing trip in the mountains of Telemark.
Many thanks to Torjus for arranging it all, he worked hard to make our trip enjoyable and interesting, only my own level of fitness let us down.
Special thanks to Torjus' family who made us most welcome especially his mum who worked hard to ensure we went home a few pounds heavier.
I think I speak for us all when I say thanks for a most memorable time.
hope we can do it again some time :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_

Ian
photo's of the trip are in the gallery

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Torjus, if you pm me your home address I will get a CD with both Ian, and my, photos. I can't promise how quick I will be, but I will try. I am going to be doing the same for Neil. If you get me your address today I should be able to get the pictures in the post at the same time, say Tues or Weds this week.

Thanks for taking us. Special thanks to your family for making us so welcome! :D

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
It was a great trip. If anyone else gets the chance, I'd jump at it if I were you.

Just remember that Norwegian maps have 30m intervals in the contour lines on the map, so if you see an area where there are no contours, you can be sure that you'll be walking up 29m, then down 29m, then back up again, all the way until you get to the really steep bit... The phrase "Relatively flat" became a bit of a joke after a few days :lmao:

Can't thank the Gaaren family enough for the generous hospitality. If I can ever return the favour just let me know :)

Cheers also to the fellow travellers :beerchug:

Sorry, no photos from me. I destroyed my camera with beer a few months ago... :banghead:

Neil

Dan Wound

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2006
Bristol
Wow, that looks amazing, wonderful views and generally awesome scenery. Good to see you had some luck with the 'Brownies', did you eat them ?? How did you cook them ??

I have a week long trip to Norway planed for late september, these pics have got me even more excited.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
well, I can't take the credit for the photos - They're Chris and Elma's. I just posted them up...

It was amazing. get yourselves over there!

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Dan Wound said:
Wow, that looks amazing, wonderful views and generally awesome scenery. Good to see you had some luck with the 'Brownies', did you eat them ?? How did you cook them ??

I have a week long trip to Norway planed for late september, these pics have got me even more excited.

We caught loads - too many to eat! That was the biggest one by a fair margin - well done Elma! most were small because there's so many in the lakes. They compete so hard for food they can't feed up. In fact
it got a little frustrating that so many tiddlers were going for the lures :rolleyes:

Ate them in loads of ways. Fried in flour, straight over the fire with a stick in their gob to keep them supported, ponassed, in a sort of kedgeree, you name it. We also had Elk, pork (thanks to Torjus's ex pig), smoked elk (because we had so much elk meat it would have spoilt otherwise)
and lots of biltong. Yum yum!

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
ilovemybed said:
We caught loads - too many to eat! That was the biggest one by a fair margin - well done Elma! most were small because there's so many in the lakes. They compete so hard for food they can't feed up. In fact
it got a little frustrating that so many tiddlers were going for the lures :rolleyes:

Ate them in loads of ways. Fried in flour, straight over the fire with a stick in their gob to keep them supported, ponassed, in a sort of kedgeree, you name it. We also had Elk, pork (thanks to Torjus's ex pig), smoked elk (because we had so much elk meat it would have spoilt otherwise)
and lots of biltong. Yum yum!
Man that sounds like heaven :) I suppose now you will tell us it was all followed up by wild blueberries, raspberries picked in abundance and washed down with some akevitt :rolleyes:

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Moonraker said:
Man that sounds like heaven :) I suppose now you will tell us it was all followed up by wild blueberries, raspberries picked in abundance and washed down with some akevitt :rolleyes:

Nearly. the various wild berries weren't ripe yet :( , we had an abundance of strawberries not raspberries (Thanks Mrs Gaaren!) and it was a litre of quarter cask laphroaig!

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
Moonraker said:

Well, it was a little early for those goodies. We washed them down with pure mountain water, Neil's Laphroaig and Chris' Firewater. :cool: :D

Torjus Gaaren

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE