Topknot "beltkit"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I want to showcase some work done by our very own topknot for me over a fair period of time. I take no credit for the beautiful items he has created !

Shown in this picture is what you might call a "bushcraft" over-belt set-up, which I wear over my Ventile smock. It comprises belt with celtic knot-work, Nalgene bottle holder with basketwork and celtic knot-work, possibles pouch with basket-work, M72 compass pouch with basket-work and double dangler sheath with celtic knot-work as well (the photo does not do it justice)

DSC_0016.jpg

I intend to use a variant of this for field archery as well, with a side quiver and chisel in sheath (for removing arrows) instead of the compass pouch and knife sheath. I feel privileged to own a unique and beautiful set of kit like this and thought folks might like to see it now it is complete.

NS

Last edited:

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Very nice, how do you find wearing a belt over your Ventile smock? Iv not tried that yet.

It works very well, especially for Field Archery, but only when you don't have to take the smock on and off all the time. It works better with a clean over-the-head smock style smock than a zipped up military-style smock. The rest of the time I would just have some of the bits and pieces on my trouser belt as required.

NS

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Another "Top-notch from Top Knot" thread - Darn but he's good!

I've been wrestling with a lashed up Sam Browne system myself, though I'm not going to show it here!

ATB

Ogri the trog

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
The pouch you have for the compass, i have one, and have used it daily for nearly 2yrs, i don't use it for a compass it gets far rougher treatment, but has stood up to it excelently. I also have quite a collection of sheaths made by Andy.

Thank you Topknot.

Rob

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Thank you very much for the photo with all the leatherwork together mate, looks good. Thank you all for the good comments.

Cheers Topknot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE