Too, too warm

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
oooh :( that sounds nasty :sigh:

Hope it all heals well, and quickly.

Mine seems to have settled down to a milky coffee colour, but HWMBLT is just home from camping / climbing in Skye and he's looking like a leather couch, he's so dark. Lucky man, Brythonic Celt and he tans so easily.

atb,
M

IJ55

Forager
Mar 29, 2009
UK
crikey - what a herd of moany ponies - too hot.... your moaning about the wamrth in a country where 68% of the year is cloudy and / or rainy.

Guess your all just awesome companions on world travel.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Actually - for 7 years I have been leading expeditions around the globe and this is the first British Summer I have seen in that time...
I am finding it hot, not as hot as the Thai jungle, Ghana, South Africa, the South of France, Croatia, Hungary, The Czec Republic etc etc...but it is still too hot for me in the sun...
Could be why I prefered the mountains and canoe/rafting trips to the jungle, though SA in their winter/our summer was OK :)
You do not have to be a sun worshiper to have a good time traveling! :D

Wayland

Hárbarðr
crikey - what a herd of moany ponies - too hot.... your moaning about the wamrth in a country where 68% of the year is cloudy and / or rainy.

And this is why I like Scandinavia, the further north the better.

Not all the world is sun soaked and fortunately the bits that aren't are also low on lager soaked Brits too. :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

Are you native ??

We're British, we moan about the weather, it's in built, even the damned Romans commented on the habit 2,000 years ago.
They said that in the heat of the day the Picts sat in the shade with their feet above their heads but they worked wonders in the morning and the evening :D

As I said, it's too, too hot :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
it must be genetic we whinge about the cold and we whinge about the heat. although more the heat.
see if it was cold and sunny that'd be perfic. big doses of vit d and nice and cool.
W00dsmoke: sounds really really painful!
i remember my worst sunburn, corfu in 88, i was snorkling around messongi bay for like the best part of a day topless. skimming the surface and hunting for fish and hermit crabs. being in the mildly colder water i didn't notice my shoulders getting crisped by the sun.
spent the next 24 hours out cold on a bed with cold flannels on my shoulders.
after that i wore a t-shirt no matter where i went...

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.

My avatar is a picture I took in Wadi Rum, one of my favourite places on the planet.

There it is hot, it is a desert, it is meant to be hot.

This is Britain, it is meant to be temperate.

I have been cold in China and Canada; hot in Morocco, Egypt and Jordan, cold, hot, wet all over Northern Europe, lived for a few years in Natal.

Never once moaned about the temperature.

But, here in Britain, at home, I reserve the right to moan about the weather.:p

:D

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Ive been waiting all winter for some sun and you lot are moaning!! 100 degrees please. I can camp without a sleeping bag

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Well guys, it's bucketing it down here, it's been raining since midday yesterday and it hasn't stopped yet, still it was nice to go to sleep listening to the rain and I love the smell of the first rain fall, I was out in the woods when it started and i just stood there for a good five minutes, getting soaked and sniffing!

What's it doing in your area?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE