To tent or not to tent: That is the question.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I haven't even started to pack yet! last minute dot com all the way! :D Just a question though, or more of a request: if anybody has a lot of panel wipe, could I pinch a bit at the moot as i want to try it out. I'll happily swap for cash or booze! :D

L

LoneTurtle

I will be bringing little more than a little igloo-type tent, sleeping bag, something to eat on the off-chance that that I don't instantly master the hunter/gathering thing and a few tools to play with.

Am I a seasoned bushcrafter? Hell no! I just aint got any stuff. I'll be coming by train and possibly walking (but likely booking a taxi) so I can only bring what I can comfortably carry. I'll be coming alone so I only need to cater to my own needs.

This moot was booked for me by my daughter as a 61st birthday present (think she's trying to tell me something?) on the strength of the fact that I'm always telling people to 'shush' whenever Ray Mears in on TV. My wife bought me an Aussie-type bush hat so I'm beginning to suspect some form of conspiracy here. Maybe I should check to see if she's upgraded my life insurance.

Anyway, it's only for one night so I've got one day in which to learn how to make string and light a fire by friction. Then I can go home and drive everybody nuts with my new found skills.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Anyway, it's only for one night so I've got one day in which to learn how to make string and light a fire by friction. Then I can go home and drive everybody nuts with my new found skills.

Hope you are aware that this thread is a year old LT! unless you really want to go to last years Moot - it was a good one.

For friction fires, find Seoras - he's the main man for bowdrill and gets himself running workshops for his entire stay. Cordage shouldn't be a problem either, there'll be someone willing to point you in the right direction - just make sure you ask enough people!

ATB, see you there.

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE