Tiny Houses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I can just imagine the conversation ...

Tumbleweed home owner: 'I moved house yesterday!'
Incredulous friend: 'Did you? To a bigger place?'
Tumbleweed home owner: 'Nope, I sneezed!'

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
He has some great design ideas in there - like the sliding screens for waterproofing the shower area (looks like he's used roofing material).

Not enough ventilation in the sleeping space tho. Long term that would cause problems. Needs some roof vents.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I like a lot of aspects of the tiny house movement. I've followed tinyhouseblog for quite some time. My biggest dream has always been to own a small bit of land, and has now grown to include a modest self built house. The 'American' wood clad tiny homes do not appeal to me tho', especially the ones on trailers, but I have seen some great articles on other building methods. Strawbailling was good, as was a modern take on wattle and dob. I also love the larger yurts.

http://tinyhouseblog.com/dome/ecodome/ was one that really struck me

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Fun little den but not to live in full time. I'd rather have a caravan that you can at least tow to a different location (before Richard Hammond blows it up...)

Aug 13, 2011
What is wrong with a Contaner????

clasp_tupperware_1.jpg

Nah..... Way too small.....:)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
That is certainly a clever use of space, however if I wanted something I could pull around I'd simply use a caravan, perhaps even a Vardo.
wagon02.jpg

From the Windy Smithy

Or, a converted horse carrier...
orchard1.jpg

From 'The Hermitage' blog of Rima Staines.

For a small place that doesn't have to move I'd rather have something that looked like this...
Lodge.jpg

One of the lodges at Cae Mabon.

:)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE