The wonders of baking soda

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Neutralises the smell of sick too :) and of spilt sour milk.
It unclogs drains, it cleans off grafitti, cleans silver (with aluminium foil) and it cleans the grease off the tiles behind the cooker and the cooker hood :D It's safe to use to clean the bath and the sink too.
Mix it with a few drops of orange oil and it's a great cleaner for freshening up paintwork or wooden furniture, just wipe off with a damp cloth and buff dry.

Thanks for the link, I haven't tried it for hair....though it does make good toothpaste.

cheers,
Toddy

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I remember the oldie relatives using it for the dentures, heartburn, making poultices, baking of course.

Can't remember anything else,need to ask my mum if she remembers anything.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Heres a useful link some may appreciate on 7 uses of baking soda. the only one i was aware of was tae wash hair as its a braw wash for dreads withoot using conventional shampoos wi all the crap they put in them...
anyway enjoy :D http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/76GtNC/www.good.is/post/seven-surprising-ways-to-use-baking-soda
Hamish.
Hi Hamish I'll see your 7 and raise you 53 ! No cheers for link I've cleaned teeth with B. Soda for years don't fancy flourides and sodium laurel sulphates, so read your link then found this on Google http://www.i4at.org/lib2/60soda.htm
cheers Danny

MickG

Forager
Feb 2, 2009
Blackwood South Wales
Hi
I have a book on baking/bicarb soda 100's of Household Uses
it is by Flame Tree publishing if any one is interested in buying one
Cover stamped with £9.99 but it was purchased from a book club man who drops books of at offices, shops, schools and then calls back a few days later to see if any one
would like to buy what he as left as samples
The price would have been about £3-£5 only
Another useful tip for camping and walking is for use like a talcum powder for feet to stop itch and smell you could wrap some up in a small light cloth and tie it to dust your
feet and may work under arms and other places
Mick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE