The Wombling Thread :-)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
3/4" 1" and 2" please mate! I'll happily pay courier prices...I use them in making beehives and frames. At that price they are a bargain!

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Yesterday I spotted a four foot high, fiberglass, red lion 'rampant'.

Sort of thing you see opposite to the unicorn thingy on a crest on the council offices or court house.

No idea how it got in a skip but it's now in my back garden, ..... even less of an idea what I'll do with it:confused: ,... but it seemed such a shame to leave something like that :eek:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've got used to hoots of derision every time I bend over with a sparkle in my eye after some interesting looking glimpse! That Looks Useful... another acronym to add to UFOs, which my work room is studded with... that'll be UnFinished Objects, then ;)

If you do any fieldwalking at all, it's absolutely dreadful walking down streets :eek: You find a lot of money, but all the little bits and pieces of detritus catch your eyes too. Astonishing how many bits of jewellery are lying around.
I took my teenage sons with me on a dig once, HWMBLT came along too. By a week after we were all home again we'd found something like £20 between us, just walking to the shops and the train station.

Something rubbery bounced off a lorry that passed me, shot past my face and startled me. Being nosey I went to see what it was. I still don't know what it was 'supposed' to be for, but it's black and rubbery with two holes through it, and it holds garden canes together remarkably effectively :D

I'm working my way through my UFO's :approve: I've been quilting all Winter :)

Incidentally I have nearly three metres of royal blue goretex (genuine, still has it's Arthur Gore labels) needing a good home. It's too blooming hard to sew on my machine, it's a nightmare by hand, and it's 'blue'. TLU thought I when I was offered it at a bargain price :eek:

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yesterday I spotted a four foot high, fiberglass, red lion 'rampant'.

Sort of thing you see opposite to the unicorn thingy on a crest on the council offices or court house.

No idea how it got in a skip but it's now in my back garden, ..... even less of an idea what I'll do with it:confused: ,... but it seemed such a shame to leave something like that :eek:

If it's really a lion rampant, I know someone who'd like that........how the hang we get it up to Inverness though :dunno:

M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay this is weird...thats two sets of "oh cool - can I have it?" :D

That confirms us as hoarders!

My worst addiction? Deck boards and 2x2. I have Witham timber down the road and they do me a deal on odd bendy bits

Just built a load of greenhouse staging from "scraps" :eek:

My chippy buddy just alerted me to a place who makes roof trusses. A cubic metre of wood offcuts....£3....buyer collects....I sense a car trailer and impending doom!

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
We love your TLU uses, BR :) They're always upcycled into something inspiring, pick up those m2 wood bargains with our blessing ;)

We used to have a travelling salesman round here who brought liberty end of rolls/ pattern cutting offcuts for quilting... I'd offer them up here but they ARE 'my preciouses' ;) I quite understand about the goretex, Mary!

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I have an obsession with glass bottles. I can't bring myself to throw any slightly 'useful' looking ones away. They never get used, just stored away.

I even kept a broken pair of zipless jeans in my work shed.. the other day though I did finally make a pouch from some of the denim! :)

keeping/hoarding possible recycleables is in the nature of some of us, usually the creative and odd ones :p

I still have a few sacks of spent co2 capsules laying around.. I did make a few things from them but I still have 'plans' for the others.. (atleast I keep telling myself that.

DSCF1316.jpg

My co2 capsule firelighting pods!

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
This thread is making me feel angelic. I have a 14" x 8" plastic tool box which is my sole junk storage allowance, anything that doesn't fit into it gets winged off into the dustbin ashore. :angel:

We won't mention the 18' x 8' sea container at the storage yard with two motor bikes, camping gear, spare sails, ropes, ammo box full of nuts and bolts....Uuh! I've spoilt it now..:lmao:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Something rubbery bounced off a lorry that passed me, shot past my face and startled me. Being nosey I went to see what it was. I still don't know what it was 'supposed' to be for, but it's black and rubbery with two holes through it, and it holds garden canes together remarkably effectively :D

Exhaust hanger by the sound of it

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I can use the 3/4" eyelets, I wonder if anyone wants a load of used lever arch files?

This could turn out like the gift-it-on thread. :)

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Saw a load of new 6mm polypropylene rope in a skip. Asked if I could take it and they said yes. I think it's a 220m length (or was, I imagine some has been used) but can't complain at the price!

Have no use for it at the moment but can't resist free cordage... :D

5F83FC67-8F05-4F60-B307-B639AA5FAA88-17019-00000D4E8751A7FE.jpg

Mar 14, 2012
uk
Saw a load of new 6mm polypropylene rope in a skip. Asked if I could take it and they said yes. I think it's a 220m length (or was, I imagine some has been used) but can't complain at the price!

Have no use for it at the moment but can't resist free cordage... :D

5F83FC67-8F05-4F60-B307-B639AA5FAA88-17019-00000D4E8751A7FE.jpg

ill take that and offer up... :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE