The Twodogs Canvas Bush Roll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Like a lot of people I have been having a canvas of wool love fest lately :)

I have wanted to make an updated Wolseley Valise military officer’s bed roll as used from before the first war for some time,

https://thejungleisneutral.wordpress.com/category/equipment/camping-equipment/

So here we go ,

Post war valise handle Swedish military straps

Up sized the bag to just under seven foot and thirty six inch width ,

14 oz canvas on the base , 7 oz ripstop flame resistant canvas on the top with green leather trim ,

The straps are to secure the internal kit not tie up at night

The original had a fitted wool base sheet i went for a lose blanket to make it easier to wash , clean and air ,,

Next up for max insulation is my trusty Twodogs wool bush shirt ,

I will make a jager bag in the future , plus the hat ;)

But in the meantime i will use a US Military cotton and down mountain bag that i picked up at RTI cheap as the zip was shot , removed the zip and its now a down quilt :D

Flat foot box as on the later issue valise ,

Plus a hood area for storing extra gear when rolled or padding out as a pillow at night :)

Its good when a plan comes together :cool:

Twodogs

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
I have been looking for something like this for a long time. I was considering buying an old one and cleaning it up but wow. Would you consider a commission to make one?

I have just recently made my own 600thread count oilskin tarp from an egyption cotton bed sheet and now looking for a nice canvas bed roll.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
To be honest Pete I have never handled an original so I dont know,

Most were private purchase made by different manufacturers there is a fair bit of variation in canvas used .

I liked the idea of a lighter canvas giving more breathability and as there is almost two layers you still end up with 14oz ish ..

Twodogs

Last edited:

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
I really like that and you are right- a lot of us in to canvas and wool at the moment!
Inwould interested in buying one if you do make some in the future. Can we set up a way of being notified or put me on a 'list'?
All the best.
Russ

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE