The Traditional Frontiers Dish

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 13, 2011
hello my fellow hiking patriots , we all know how the usual camp food tastes & not very tasty and fresh meat dont keep which we miss on our long treck`s. so what about the old high protien frontiers dish - butter beans + bacon ! bacon keeps well especially if its cealed & put in sealed tight container and kept in cold stream. just fry the beans in lille oil add the beans stir add vegatable stock and water then boil 25 mins Mmm simply deliceouse. This will stop you shredding too many pounds off.....

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
hello my fellow hiking patriots , we all know how the usual camp food tastes & not very tasty and fresh meat dont keep which we miss on our long treck`s. so what about the old high protien frontiers dish - butter beans + bacon ! bacon keeps well especially if its cealed & put in sealed tight container and kept in cold stream. just fry the beans in lille oil add the beans stir add vegatable stock and water then boil 25 mins Mmm simply deliceouse. This will stop you shredding too many pounds off.....
That is entirely down to whoever cooks it.Some of the best food I have ever eaten was cooked over a camp fire.
But traditional bacon is good and keeps edible for weeks.

May 13, 2011
yup pigeon pie hard dish to beat ant where kerne & what about for curry fans ! small jar off curry paste & packet of rice then all you need is a rabbit lol so make sure you got that snare packed with you. A ha

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
"... we all know how the usual camp food tastes & not very tasty ..."

Don't know who you've been camping with but when I'm under canvas I always aim to eat at least as well, if not better, than I do at home.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE