The Ray Mears drinking game...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
:beerchug:

Got a spare couple of hours? No need to get up early tomorrow?

Then grab yourself a bottle of spirit and a copy of Ray Mears Bushcraft Survival Series2 DVD.

Play the DVD from start to finish. Every time Ray says 'fantastic' you take a shot/dram of your drink.

You'll be half-cut before the end of 'The birchbark canoe' :D

:beerchug:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Hic....
drinking4.gif

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Played the James Bond version, every time he says "Bond, Jams Bond" you drink. If my fuzzy mind is right thunder ball is the killer.

I played this in the Falkland Islands in 2000, with Martini in china mugs! Very suave and sophisticated. We also drank whenever he asked for a Martini, and when he gets a woman excited and she moans "Oh, James!" It was an interesting time, but I still hate Martini!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The thing is with that game you start noticing it with all sorts of folk. I`ve been on week long IT courses with colleagues from work and spent the whole time writing down these "annoyisms" and then counting them up at the end of the week. One Egyptian tutor we had last year on a Cisco Wireless course finished every sentence with "okay ?", I think he managed to tally up over 400 instances by the end of the week.

Okay ?

Rich

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
now that is funny.....and has probably ruined ray mears for me forever.......fantastic.......slurp......

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I played this in the Falkland Islands in 2000, with Martini in china mugs! Very suave and sophisticated. We also drank whenever he asked for a Martini, and when he gets a woman excited and she moans "Oh, James!" It was an interesting time, but I still hate Martini!

We were not aloud booze in are rooms, were you snco? I used to drink pre mixed rum and coke looked like black coffee in a mug.....
was 1435 flt

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I played this in the Falkland Islands in 2000, with Martini in china mugs!

We were not aloud booze in are rooms, were you snco? I used to drink pre mixed rum and coke looked like black coffee in a mug.....
was 1435 flt

Nope! Engineers and lived down the Bronx! Free reign to do as we damn well pleased!

:D

Down near the cinema with the "No Fires" sign :D :D
Us RAF boys were right up in the posh end of the death star.

Aaahhh the memories,
Shambling Shaman - you just weren't creative enough, there were plenty of ways of getting a slab or bottles into the blocks. I was on 78 and we used to run the cinema, always took the duty wagon around the outside of the complex rather than risk the indoor route. That said, I spent two tours in the posh end and one in the SNCO's mess - all as a two stripe! - go figure.
Spam - you lived down the Bronx and came out alive:eek: you either kept a very low profile or have a very dark past ;) Guiness and twiglet frenzies with music by the Pogues was all the rage, or Top Gun quizzes in Lot 22.

Off for a major reminisce.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I think I'm ready for this game after a few days dry-out :naughty:

The only thing amiss is the fact that because Ray is on so often on the UKTV channels I haven't bought any DVD's :11doh: :)

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Aaahhh the memories,
Shambling Shaman - you just weren't creative enough, there were plenty of ways of getting a slab or bottles into the blocks. I was on 78 and we used to run the cinema, always took the duty wagon around the outside of the complex rather than risk the indoor route. That said, I spent two tours in the posh end and one in the SNCO's mess - all as a two stripe! - go figure.
Spam - you lived down the Bronx and came out alive:eek: you either kept a very low profile or have a very dark past ;) Guiness and twiglet frenzies with music by the Pogues was all the rage, or Top Gun quizzes in Lot 22.

Off for a major reminisce.

ATB

Ogri the trog

We used to have a "Mud on" which was pretty much the whole contents of a rat pack cooked in one big pot???? You needed to off your trolley to eat it :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE