The perfect Swiss Army knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stephendedwards

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2006
Wales
I have three of these little fellas and yet the combination of tools is, in my opinion never perfect. For me the scaler and the pliers are a waste. If I want a pliers I will buy a proper "multitool." So ideally what I want is the swiss champ sans the above and probably maybe the file - undecided on this one.

What do you guy and gals think? I wonder if you can modify or get them modified?

Stephen

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I am halfway moding one of my old lines so it is a thin 2 layer one with the locking blade & a saw as the main foldouts. I want to keep the awl & replace the corkscrew with a thinnish fire stell. The tweezers will stay & I will try to replace the toothpick with a striker for the ferro rod. It's on hold as I want to finish other projects first.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
My ideal SAK would be the old alox soldier with can opener and screwdriver replaced with a saw. Perfect thickness then, the farmer is that little bit too wide for what I want.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
leatherman....... job done cant beat them for a multi tool.... gerber's are a bit pants for the money and i swoped mine for an old smock....lol

Zeph

Tenderfoot
May 9, 2009
Manchester
I've just been given a Huntsman Silvertech for my birthday and think it's great, although the teeth on the saw blade are a little burred and unfinished looking, I don't know if that's normal but overall it's great.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I prefer a basic SAK - one blade with tin opener, screw driver/ bottle opener. screw driver and cork screw.

That does me fine - anything serious and I'll use real tools thanks.

Andy

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
I think SAK's are great, love my "Explorer" which ive owned for over 20 years and is nearly always my EDC. I use pretty much all the tools except the magnifying glass so would trade this for a saw. Among other SAK's I own, I also like the Trekka which is a more recent purchase. Didnt think I would like the blade but its actually very usable. Just wish it also had scissors!

I have tried Leathermans (Charge AL, Juice Xe6) but not over impressed to be honest. I do like the Squirts and Skeletool though, very good.

ATB, Jon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE