The Outdoors Show

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
I was thinking of paying a visit to the show and was wondering if anyone has been to previous shows and if they are worth a visit

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I went last year.

I have to say that I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It struck me as a cross between a trade fair and and holiday show.

There were a lot of stalls directed toward holiday destinations whilst others to clothing.

There were also some climbing walls, a canoeing demo, diving pool but I felt there was very little geared toward bushcraft. I seem to remember there being a bushcraft magazine stall but that was about it, and that was the year Ray Mears was doing a talk. I also seem to remember that you had to pay extra for the talks or at least book in advance.

I did enjoy it, but wouldn't probably go again I think it's a one stop deal personally. However, if you are mega in to climbing, power kiting or whatever there are some great deals to be had on kit.

Rambled a bit there sorry! Give it a go if you fancy it.

One tip though, take a pack lunch food there is very expensive, a long wait and varying quality.

P

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
The tickets are free but on a first come first served basis and you basically have to leg it to the bottom end as soon as the doors open to get in-line for the tickets. My advice if you want to see a particular lecture would be to arrive early and then go straight to the ticket box office at the opposite end.

You can also reserve a seat online for £5 if you want to guarantee a space.

tecNik

Tenderfoot
Aug 31, 2006
Leicestershire, UK
deadfish.co.uk
I've been going for that past 4 years now. It's very caravan/boat orientated but sometimes you can pick up a few bargain bits of bushcrafty kit. Don't let me put you off but I don't think I'd go if it wasn't for the fact I get free tickets thanks to a relative working for ocean media. ;)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I would be interested to hear what it's like from a bushy POV.

Bushcraft and Survival Mag have a stall there. They wanted me to come alon and do my sharpening bit with them for display. Sadly it clashes with a private group course (making axes in the Iron Age forges ;) ), so I won't make it this year :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE