The 'I've found a bargain' thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Sale on at New Forest Clothing - lots of good discounts on men's women's and kid's outdoor clothing. More geared towards field and country wear than lightweight but some great kit:

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Heads up. Sale at Polimil
Just purchased a Snugpak Softie 12 Osprey from here for £85.50.

Been on the look out for a new winter bag, so cheers for the heads up with this

Seem to be going for around £135 to £155 on all other sites, so I have had a bargain here.

Cheers,

Allan

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Laurence Milton

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Just purchased a Snugpak Softie 12 Osprey from here for £85.50.

Been on the look out for a new winter bag, so cheers for the heads up with this

Seem to be going for around £135 to £155 on all other sites, so I have had a bargain here.

Cheers,

Allan

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Me too :)

I even ordered it in Black/Orange and got a free pillow!

Thanks for the heads up Chris.

Reactions: Allans865

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Reduced Dyed Leather ( and other things )

Who doesn't like some budget Leather action?

Reactions: Tony

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I got some leather off the back of your post above TeeDee, thanks for that goodjob - Also snagged some axes at a great price.

PlanetX X have a sale on at the moment, and there's a waterproof backpack that's a bargain, I've got one, and it's great for water or really bad weather stuff..

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I got some leather off the back of your post above TeeDee, thanks for that goodjob - Also snagged some axes at a great price.

PlanetX X have a sale on at the moment, and there's a waterproof backpack that's a bargain, I've got one, and it's great for water or really bad weather stuff..
Awesome - good enough for use on a SUP?

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I’ve seen the videos of you on a SUP, you ought to be asking if it would be good enough for scuba diving :D
Depends on the particular branch of SUP at the time. :bigok:

Anyway, I bought one - in manky camo so that I can distinguish it from all the other black bags - as it looks like it has suitable tie down points.

Reactions: Nice65

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Reactions: Erbswurst

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland

Just got this, its reduced as new product only recenty released, SOOO many features, white sidelight great for tent light, 4000 lumens, rgb lights, so many signalling options, has been great so far.....
I like the look of that, what's it like in the hand and build quality.?

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
feels nice, its rplacing a klarus G15 which was 3x teh cost....
only issue is turning on in pouch so i turn the screen cap quarter turn as safety.
my klarus burned its pouch when it got turned on....4000 lumens is hot.

feels nice quality, sofirm is reputable brand, just amazed at all the featured....

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
feels nice, its rplacing a klarus G15 which was 3x teh cost....
only issue is turning on in pouch so i turn the screen cap quarter turn as safety.
my klarus burned its pouch when it got turned on....4000 lumens is hot.

feels nice quality, sofirm is reputable brand, just amazed at all the featured....
I'm tempted, simplicity of use could be an issue, can it be operated one handed.?

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
I'm tempted, simplicity of use could be an issue, can it be operated one handed.?

yes, its all single, double, triple click, and 6x click to reset colour etc. all one handed apart from the cap unscrew
magnetic tail cap, side clip

also it becomes a 5000mah battery bank as the usb c is reversible...

bit heavy to head mount for the side light, but i head mounted the spotlight on my maglite strap. its main advantage is multi purpose.

i bought a £2 mini rgb light that is a good micro edc headlight as well...

Reactions: Robbi

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

Just got this, its reduced as new product only recenty released, SOOO many features, white sidelight great for tent light, 4000 lumens, rgb lights, so many signalling options, has been great so far.....
Cool. Nearly jumped on one of these after seeing a thread on BudgetLightForum. Haven’t been put off buying one, though I’d have preferred losing the powerbank function and have an 18650 battery instead. Lot of people mentioning the easy switch activation and the annoying auto-lockout rather than fitting a recessed switch.

Sofirn are still at the top of the game for quality/function/price. And they listen to the feedback and improve features.

@Robbi, BLF thread here, with video review.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE