The Hobbit movie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ace Rimmer

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2005
Swindon
The cartoon film is much closer to the book than the new film. The dialogue is much better and the characters more like they should be.

As they will not try and remake the LotR ever probably but unlikely in my lifetime, I am disapointed.......

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
The cartoon film is much closer to the book than the new film. The dialogue is much better and the characters more like they should be.

As they will not try and remake the LotR ever probably but unlikely in my lifetime, I am disapointed.......

Indeed PJ stole some scenes of the animation and used them in the film...

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
The second trailer is up, it is pretty clear that the film will have very little to do with the book.

[video=youtube;yYz0JWJioOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=yYz0JWJioOM[/video]

Probably still fun to watch though. :)

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Yep my thoughts exactly. From that new trailer it looks like nothing more than a special fx ****fest like so many movies are today.

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Just keep in mind that the Hobbit is much more of a childrens book than the Lord of the Rings trilogy, perhaps this is reflected in the movie?
Im still looking forward to the movie, it will be interesting to see how Peter Jackson interprets it
cheers

paddy

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I read the books quite a few times, to the point where I became very slightly addicted to Tolkien's works ~ they were Hobbit forming :sad6: .

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
I read the books quite a few times, to the point where I became very slightly addicted to Tolkien's works ~ they were Hobbit forming :sad6: .

Get out, just for that poor joke you are being asked to leave....

Its going to be dire.

Yep, if you have to defend a film before it's released it's going to absolutely dire, then again Sharktopus was a good film.

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
I recall being a bit dissapointed by Fellowship when it first came out, and it took me a while to get over that. Then I came to the realisation that it's not JRR's LoTR, it's a film by some guy called Peter Jackson of the same name. It took me a while to get this rationalised in my head, but when I did I could enjoy the rest of the trilogy. This time round I'm not gonna compare it to JRR and just enjoy the film/s on its own merits.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE