*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
And this problem isn't only with RM.
Had an issue with stolen contents from an envelop, which was clearly cut open at one corner. Dutch Mail initially declined any form of responsibility, dismissing my claim, saying that it was a sortingmachine that torn the envelop open.
I contacted the sender and only after he filed a complaint too, they were willing to look into it.... Guess what the result was.....

But anyway.....
The thermosflask is still up for grabs!!!
3395-3-5-7.jpg

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Royal Mail can collect enough evidence to track down the thieves. If a few people complain then there will usually be enough evidence to pinpoint the problem areas. Once they have an idea of where to look, Royal Mail can (and will) take it from there.
A few years ago at work we had parcel force issues, their investigations unit soon got on the act and asked to send us dummy parcels containing diguised tracking units, they then turned up minutes after the delivery and inspected the "honey traps", losses stopped and driver disappeared! Apparently fake ID had been used to get the job.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
I was being deliberately vague about exactly how they'd go about it. :)
They weren't exactly secretive, you would have thought a courier would notice 4 burly chaps in 2 cars following him around, but then I guess the brain of Britain would not have stolen from his own deliveries that looked high value by cutting the bottom seals, taking odd items and sealing it back up. Gee I never thought to look at both ends!!

brumstar123

Forager
Dec 17, 2009
new forest
I'd like a thermos flask. My cheapy from tescos is cack, i might as well take my coffee in a coke bottle.

On offer is a helly hansen wooley bear army issue jumper( m/l) yes its the HH one with the elbow pads

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I can't believe nobody's yoinked the HH wool jumper by now! If I didn't already have one I would have grabbed it myself...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE