*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Now thats a nice looking pen knife,

CURRENTLY ON OFFER FROM Highbinder.

It's a laguoile (sp?) style slipjoint. A little bit over 3" tho' so not an EDC. It's supposed to be damascus steel but it's just the patina on the blade. Horn handle. Not the best quality but it takes a decent edge :)

Over 18s only.

IMG_6049.jpg

IMG_6048.jpg

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Very pleased to see a package on the floor as I got in from work just now!

Thanks very very much QDanT! Practically everything you sent me I have wanted to try for a very long time, especially the glue stick and the flint, I just need to work out what I'm using the glue for and how to prepare the flint for making sparks!

Very chuffed :D

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Hi Asa, the flints just used as is, held steady in one hand while you hold a piece of charcloth or Amadou on it with your thumb and a quick downward flick with the other hand holding a piece of high carbon steel, an old file held in a vice and broken off with a hammer will work. The idea is to just glancingly hit the flint , your actually tearing a tiny sliver of steel off which lights with the friction, and if your lucky lands on your tinder, like owt else though practice makes perfect :D
have fun cheers Danny

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
okidoki mate drop me a pm with your address an i'll get itoff to ya as soon as :)

PM on the way on a minute and thanks.
I'll sort out something in return in the next half hour or so.

Here we are...

07082010460.jpg

Offered up is a Granny B axe file.
Lightly used and good for a few years yet ;0

Last edited:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
wow! - time to go full circle again....... i'll take it please mate!

.......... nips off to find the next gift in anticipation....

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Ok - I'd like to offer a brand new (still on card with tag) Lowepro Rezo 10 Camera bag

19-2161-SWTIMGLRG.jpeg

It is grey and black and the card says it is 7 x 1,5 x 9,5 cm and comes with a strap (camera not included!)

There is a slight mark on it and apart from some dust is perfect

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Just got back from a weekend of camping and saw I missed the laguiole, gutted, I've been after one for years now! Nice offer!

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Yes the knife was nice...but when did that Bivvy sneak in???
I've been waiting for that or a tarp since the start...oh well i'll be hear until another comes in ;)

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Just got back from hols (Note TMS - Don't go next time - you missed an axe file). The thread has exploded with some good value stuff on while I've been away.
Keep it going :)

On offer
Ok - I'd like to offer a brand new (still on card with tag) Lowepro Rezo 10 Camera bag

19-2161-SWTIMGLRG.jpeg

It is grey and black and the card says it is 7 x 1,5 x 9,5 cm and comes with a strap (camera not included!)

There is a slight mark on it and apart from some dust is perfect

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE