*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bearpark

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2012
Newcastle, UK
Anyone fancy a Mammut chalk bag, never used with chalk?

13985256357_0d3abf2f58_z.jpg

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I think we are waiting for someone to either change their offer or for someone to accept it bearpark, but it is kind of you to try to get the thread up and running again.

skog

Forager
Aug 9, 2011
wicken
Guys if that was directed at myself you have my apologies if they will be accepted for the delay. not the best of excuses but have had a pump time at home of late including a bereavement in the family. Louis have pm you mate and once again all please accept my deepest apologies for the delay

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I think a lot have left this thread because what started as a bit of fun has turned into too quite an aggressive situation to find yourself in. Far too much community pressure to want to get involved in - way too many people posting issue with no one taking the FREE item instantly and demanding something else be put up.

no one wants to be in the hot seat themselves if they did say yes.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
No mate, it wasn't directed at any individual; it seems to be a general malaise at the moment! I've been waiting four weeks for one item and a bit longer for another, not the end of the world, I know, but not in the soirit of the thread, either!

Sorry for your trouble skog, and I hope things resolve themselves well for you :)

JonE

Forager
Apr 11, 2014
Oxfordshire
Right, let's try and get things moving.

Spaniel man I'll take the wooden scale blanks please I'll pm you my address.

I will offer a splash proof plastic case with rubber seal and snap closure. Ideal for some fire lighting bits or anything else you want to keep dry.

ahu4ezag.jpg

e2ymepez.jpg

Cheers

Jon

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
@ Spanielman: No book after two months or so, and no reply to two PM's...................

@ DaveBromley: Still no farrier's loop knife mate...................

It's a great shame, but I don't think I'll be partaking of this thread any more.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
this threads spent IMO, as a giver I'd be upset I sent something to someone who went AWOL far more than if the something I bagged didn't turn up - that's just plain wrong

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Right, let's try and get things moving.

Spaniel man I'll take the wooden scale blanks please I'll pm you my address.

I will offer a splash proof plastic case with rubber seal and snap closure. Ideal for some fire lighting bits or anything else you want to keep dry.

ahu4ezag.jpg

e2ymepez.jpg

Cheers

Jon

Still a brill idea. Shame some people and the post office make mistakes
101 pages and it's spent? I reckon not IMHO

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
I've been left hanging a couple of times and have to confess to not always getting to the post office the next day to send parcels but overall it's a great thing. Maybe those that fail to send things on should be banned from further participation? Maybe it could be restricted to full members? Seems a shame to lose something good because a few take liberties. Cheers Joab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JonE

Forager
Apr 11, 2014
Oxfordshire
I've not had a reply from Spaniel man yet, but according to his profile he hasn't been online since the end of last month.

I'm still happy to offer the plastic splash proof case.

fredster

Forager
Oct 16, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
I think if something fails to turn up you've just got to accept that people's lives sometimes get in the way and think to yourselves, "well, thats a few more karma points earned". What goes around comes around. You've done someone a good deed by giving something, sooner or later that kindness will be payed back to you, whether on here or elsewhere.

This is a great thread, let it live on!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE