*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Hi Magentus , nobody really wants them books it seems , got anything else to trade/give away, so we can keep this thread going?

😃

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Magentus, it's only been three days, give the books chance and don't feel pressured into offering something you don't want to. Sometimes it takes a little while for the right person to spot the thread.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Well done Magentus! Nice gift

So does this mean you would prefer the torch over a book but still want neither ?? :pokenest:

Sometimes I don't get online for a few days to a week [or even more - rare but it does happen...] so having things on for a while can be nice sometimes.

I would actually like one [well two of those - hey if I'm honest all of those books :)] but I can't think of anything to offer in exchange!

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Flint donated to RoRyMax.

I'm sorry for rushing you Magentus, my intention had no malice.
The speed at which the exchange of gifts is traded , seemed to be a speedy one since I started following.

I was looking to trade some flint for something else but I missed it .

As an apology and gesture of goodwill I will post 3 medium sized nodules of Wiltshire flint , for free if you would like them.

d045bf45d75fbed5feea5f1f10ffd598.jpg
6af56afd03c2bc75d1fbdc0514dcef40.jpg

These are suitable for knapping into blades and/or tools or for primitive fire lighting with a steel.

Pm me your address if you're interested , if not then please announce it and I shall gift it to whomever wants it.

I don't need a gift in return.

Peace

Flint gone now.

Last edited:

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
Surely an honest mistake when you're relatively new (like me and Leshy) and keenly watch the forums (like me and Leshy).
I like the gesture of contrition too, shows a really good attitude.

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Hi Leshy - No probs, and thanks for the offer of the flint - nice gesture. I'll decline as I have plenty of flint (picked up during regular jaunts to Avebury and the surrounding area) but someone else might be in need.

Cheers again, Magentus

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
This thread is going off course ( again ) Leshy, it's the torch from Magentus on offer, if you want to give away stuff it's in another section, just saying :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE