*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jaffcat

Nomad
Sep 26, 2012
Hertford
f06ddf93ad9df612c348afa29cc9e9b8.jpg
nice lightweight haversack??

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

MountainGhost

Feb 10, 2016
United Kingdom
Globetrotter, I'm very interested in your awl/stitcher if it's still available! This year is my year of making and repairing. And I'm aiming to create some basic winter moccasins this year.

I'll find something to offer this evening.

Many thanks

jaffcat

Nomad
Sep 26, 2012
Hertford
OK, haversack is not doing it, I'll have a think tonight and change the offer tomorrow. Cheers gang.

jaffcat

Nomad
Sep 26, 2012
Hertford
2253612b4973ae0519209fdac060843f.jpg

How about a Smiths blade sharpener, course and smooth, great for in the field blade care....

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
If nothing taken tonight I'll change the offer again in the morning gents.

Don't feel pressured into giving away heirlooms mate, give it a week, I'm sure someone will bite. If not, have a think of something else that may be of use to someone.

As has been said many many times, the giot can be daunting. But patience and some courtesy from the would be giftees should always be present.

(saying that, I was sooo glad when my fire lighting kit went as fast as it did lool)

jaffcat

Nomad
Sep 26, 2012
Hertford
Don't feel pressured into giving away heirlooms mate, give it a week, I'm sure someone will bite. If not, have a think of something else that may be of use to someone.

As has been said many many times, the giot can be daunting. But patience and some courtesy from the would be giftees should always be present.

(saying that, I was sooo glad when my fire lighting kit went as fast as it did lool)
Thanks for that mate, it's no pressure, I've tons of excess kit lol..... Slowly trimming it down to what l really want and need. Cheers

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Stainless steel coffee canister. One piece construction, no welds,seams or sharp corners. Seals airtight without need for any rubber gasket.
Holds 800ml, weighs 235g. I've used an identical one for a couple of years as a small billy-can and the lid doubles up nicely as a cup/bowl.
Good nesting capabilities and will hold a large soup can inside as a second pot or three boiled sweet tins.

IMAG1587.jpg

clynfyw2014.jpg

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
The container is roughly 105mm in diameter and has a flat spot on the base a little over 60mm across. It's a sod to photograph so it shows up clearly.

Naturally it works fine as a hanging pot over a fire or standing on a small coke-can type meths stove for bimble brews. If somebody with an Ikea hobo-stove could post some measurements it may also drop inside one of those nicely,
Will not sit at all on an Esbit hexi-stove and unstable on common gas burners with three pot support arms. In backyard experiments I worked around the problem by simply putting three tent pegs or sticks around it.
can-pot.jpg

PS got a box full of goodies so don't dismay at my surplus gear just yet ;)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE